Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

got a question about rigging gear.

assume i had a GP1000 or buy one..anyway
how would I rig it?
like preamp - amp - cabinet

this seems normal way to me going spelling-wise

or does the preamp just replace the normal amp, making its preamp - cabinet

little more info on this pls?

You can not plug a preamp into just a cab unless the preamp has a built in power amp section(like the engl e530)

preamp--->>poweramp--->>cab........about a simple as it can be.

Reason for a power amp is to amplify the signal from the preamp as is it small and must be made bigger so the cab can make sense of it. This is the most simplified explanation I could think of.

A combo-amp is a preamp+poweramp wired to a speaker. All of this is housed in one unit, hence the name combo.

Amp heads are preamps+poweramps. They are as you might have guessed, in the same housing and needs to be connected to a separately housed cab.

As srob said, if you want a GP-1000 to work you have to get a poweramp as well as a cabinet. Connecting a GP-1000 to an amp and then to a cab would just create a big mess (don't even think it's safe).

Think of the poweramp as a really big and expensive volume knob.

check the sites and see who handles booking.
Since both bands have the same booking agency for the US it was easier than for Europe where they have different companies handle things.

ok. I worte an e-mail now. Food for their trashcan!!
Hope I get an answer, but I don't belive.

If you don't get the answer try to understand them- how many e-mails per day do you think that they actually receive? A lot is not enough.
To be honest, I don't think that you'll receive any answer :lol: but IDK, let's hope for the best :D
Let us know if you received anything from them :)

HERE IS THE ANSWER!!!!!! :lol:

"Hallo .......,

danke für die Anfrage.

Weitere Termine werden bald bekanntgegeben.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dein Continental Concerts Team"

TRANSLATION

"Hello .....,

thank your for your request.

More concertdates will be announced soon.

best regards

your Continental Concerts Team"

Seems like there is something in progrss!!!! :loco: :headbang:

^He answered at the beginning, not sure if he will do that again. Messages are increasing so much.

Yeah... I bet there's "a few" that wants to make contact with him/them.
I see now on his Facebook page that he has hit "like" on most of the birthdaywishes he has received. Maybe he haven't seen my message. But it's allowed to hope, eh? :)