Quick Feedback PLEASE!!

pfhuck

Apr 18, 2010
Sorry, don't post here much, but read a lot!

Thanks to ALL of you that have the time and motivation to participate in the forums.

Can I get some quick feedback on this mix pretty please?

A quickie for a movie soundtrack. Gotta go out tomorrow.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24463943/Music/SFI.mp3

Please and THANK YOU!
-Pfhuck

It went out for the soundtrack as posted above.

Customisbetter, thank you for your reply!

I agree with you about the drum sound. :)

Had to record (acoustic drums)/edit/overdub/mix/master everything in a matter of a few days. Deadlines are AWESOME!

AND work an 8 hour job, with a family and house and stuff too!!

Gotta pay the bills. . .

Vocals are intentionally a little loud as this track is for a movie/film/dvd/bluray/avi/mp4/etc.

Hook me up with some more constructive criticism PLEASE, or ask me about the tamborine track or sumthin'. . . :worship:

Please and THANK YOU!
-pfhuck

There's something wrong with the right crash, like it's not instant and and seems a bit late (e.g. the "individuals" part). As Customisbetter said, the snare and the kick could be brighter.

And why do you feel that the vocals need to be louder for the soundtrack? I don't get it.

There's something wrong with the right crash, like it's not instant and and seems a bit late (e.g. the "individuals" part). As Customisbetter said, the snare and the kick could be brighter.

And why do you feel that the vocals need to be louder for the soundtrack? I don't get it.

Thank you for your feedback cent73!

We had to quickly replace the right crash (broken from gigs) with a ZBT :puke:

The lag in the "individuals" part is as played. Groove/vibe possibly....

Agreed about the kick and snare needing to be a little brighter. I try not to mask the vocals and guitars with too much *smack*. Maybe I need to be a little more aggressive with my drum sounds next time?

Here is why I feel the vocal needs to be louder for a soundtrack (in this case):
-The lyrical content is important to the scene in the movie.
-There will be other sounds (foley/actor dialogue/popcorn chewing) in the scene.

Tamborine? Anyone?

Please and THANK YOU!
-pfhuck