Quick Gotthard question

actordude

Sep 29, 2003
SoCal
Hey all.....I was going to purchase the Gotthard DVD "Made in Switzerland" but had a quick question. I'm not an expert in DVD's at all (I can insert the disc and press play) and was wondering something. If the DVD says "PAL", does that mean it'll play on any player? I don't understand any of that stuff!!

Better yet, does anyone have it and can advise?

Thanks!
Drew ~

Hey all.....I was going to purchase the Gotthard DVD "Made in Switzerland" but had a quick question. I'm not an expert in DVD's at all (I can insert the disc and press play) and was wondering something. If the DVD says "PAL", does that mean it'll play on any player? I don't understand any of that stuff!!

Better yet, does anyone have it and can advise?

Thanks!
Drew ~

I have it and it does NOT play in most DVD players. I have one that handles PAL, so I was able to watch it. It's an amazing live DVD. It's a shame it can't be seen by more people.

You should be able to play it on a computer DVD drive. If you're not sure, see if someone you know has a PAL DVD that you can borrow and test. Or you can get a regionless DVD player.

a lot of DVD players have a region free setting that's not published in the manual. you can go to www.videohelp.com and see if you're DVD player is listed and how to unlock the region restrictions on it.