Quick Slate+Superior Clip

Thanks y'all

Fuck you got my attention! :headbang: I think it sounds huge.

Can we get more info what slate samples what post processing are you doing? Any screenshots?

Snare 2 and Kick 15 I believe, nothing crazy for processing just the usual shit, some comp / EQ / reverb. OHs and NRG room both turned on.

Thanks y'all

Snare 2 and Kick 15 I believe, nothing crazy for processing just the usual shit, some comp / EQ / reverb. OHs and NRG room both turned on.

So, you're not drumagoging? but having both superior 2.0 and slate drums (with kontakt) in your daw and programming midi for both?

Yeah i'm using the Kontakt player, just copying the original kick and snare MIDI, which was played in on V-Drums not programmed in this case.

Sounds great.

I can't seem how to figure out to get all the tracks on the kontakt player working. I only hear kick drum when I program midi for that channel. I tried activating all the outs and still no luck. Have any ideas for me?

-Greg

Sounds great.

I can't seem how to figure out to get all the tracks on the kontakt player working. I only hear kick drum when I program midi for that channel. I tried activating all the outs and still no luck. Have any ideas for me?

-Greg

Hmm...When you add a new drum piece it defaults to MIDI channel 1, could check that.

One of the better sounding Slate examples Iäve heard! Awesome work!

Cheers! :kickass:

Yeah i'm using the Kontakt player, just copying the original kick and snare MIDI, which was played in on V-Drums not programmed in this case.

Word. I'll have to try that out. I actually like the toms in S2.0 quite a bit. I think they sound pretty good. Like you, I had problems with the snare and kick though.

How do you go about "mastering" your stuff, by the way? never heard you mention what you do for that. or are you just planning on sending the finished mixes off somewhere to be mastered?

Can you give any info on the OH/AMB processing for 2.0? Hardly anybody seems to be able to get anywhere with it. Also info on which AMB mic(s) you usually prefer to be more prominant (close, mid, far)?

Rockin'!

Can you give any info on the OH/AMB processing for 2.0? Hardly anybody seems to be able to get anywhere with it. Also info on which AMB mic(s) you usually prefer to be more prominant (close, mid, far)?

Rockin'!

Sure, I'm using the close AMB mics only. I'm compressing the track pretty heavily and bumping up the highs a bit with an EQ. For the OH I am just using the standard EQ, high pass and and then a high shelf around 1-2 k.

I am using the original DFHS hats via X-drum, and I had to mess around with the levels of the individual cymbals a bit in the S2 interface. That's about it, nothing too crazy! A lot of people don't like them but they work for me.

Badass... I actually really regret selling S2.0 b/c it's obvious that it sounds amazing combined with Slate (which I just got)!! Oh well...

Is that your Blackmachine B7? What is the amp?