QUICK SONG: Composed, recorded, mixed and bounced in three hours

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
The playing isn't the tightest in the world and I will re-record the guitars on later date, but all comments are welcome...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/ahjteam/ahjteam_latenightmystery_v05.mp3

edit: Oh yeah, this song will have vocals and it is decicated to Marcus Hedwig and his nightly quest to find out what song he was having in his head... too bad the video is gone now, but the thread is still here and the tentative lyrics are here.

edit: link updated sep 13

Its got potential, it starts to get a little repetitive, id try and add some more to the lead, its pretty catchy though, Id like to program some drums for this if your up for it.

I'm being brutally honest here, so bear with me. First of all, the playing is quite sloppy, especially in the lead parts. That's something you just gotta work on. Second, the mix isn't very balanced. The cymbals sound like white noise at times, while the drums are buried beneath. The bass could use a bit of work, too, IMHO it sounds like a "plop" rather than "brrrrm" the way it is. There's also a clicking/popping artifact every now and then, is this a temporary glitch in my end or is there something wrong with the mixdown?

The song has potential, though!

First of all, the playing is quite sloppy, especially in the lead parts. That's something you just gotta work on. That's something you just gotta work on. Second, the mix isn't very balanced. The cymbals sound like white noise at times, while the drums are buried beneath. The bass could use a bit of work, too, IMHO it sounds like a "plop" rather than "brrrrm" the way it is. There's also a clicking/popping artifact every now and then, is this a temporary glitch in my end or is there something wrong with the mixdown?

On playing; Yup, I've acknowledged it long ago that I still suck as a player and it even reads in the first line of the OP, so nothing new there. :D On the mix; I need to work on that after I can get the track into it's final form The cymbals sound like crash noise because the samples aren't very good that come with the kore player's sky kit. But atleast I like the bass guitar as it is, don't want it to be like distinctive or much louder as the raw sound from the bass sucks pretty bad :bah: Listened again and didn't hear any clicking or popping? Might be from bad editing tho.