Written, Recorded, Mixed - In 1 Hour

NickLAudio

Audio/Video Engineer
Jan 19, 2014
NY
Decided to take part in SevenString.org 's 1 hour song competition just for some fun. Everything had to be written, recorded, mixed, and uploaded in an hour. Also had to follow a theme. Mix isn't that great, I know. I could've mixed/fixed/added to this for hours but had to meet the extremely short deadline.

Let me know what you think...:headbang:

DAW: ProTools
Guitars: Audio Assault Grind Machine Demo (Ibanez Iron Label RG)
Bass: PodFarm (cheapo bass that never stays in tune lol)
Drums: EZDrummer + Metal Machine EZX
Synths: Xpand!2

You can hear other people's entries here... http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/re...-1-hour-recording-competition-may-2014-a.html

And if you guys are feeling up to it, there will be a public poll started on Monday where you can vote for your favorite entry. I'd appreciate any and all votes if you like the tune. Thanks!

Again....any and all comments/feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this section of the forum is dead nowadays, what a shame... :(
But i already stated that your song kicked ass ;)

I go by name Raswa on 7string forum!

Thanks man! I totally hear ya on the ghost town vibe around here accept for the mixing practices which are great. Plenty of new threads just no replies lol. (for mix feedback anyway)

BTW, your mixes sound great man, keep up the good work!

Dude, for one hour to do all of that I think it sounds awesome. I dig the mix and really like the song. Would love to see what you could add to that if you gave it some more time.

Thanks man! I totally hear ya on the ghost town vibe around here accept for the mixing practices which are great. Plenty of new threads just no replies lol. (for mix feedback anyway)

BTW, your mixes sound great man, keep up the good work!

Yeah, theres tons of good stuff here on the other hand too, home mixing is just so easy nowadays that there's so much happening everyday :) Thanks dude, i appreciate that!