Quick SSD 3.0 Example

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
I just received 3.0 and I LOVE it. I've tried them all, and SSD 3.0 is far and above the rest (and yes, I've been a long time DFHS user, as well as owning S2.0, Addicitive Drums, etc.)

http://www.box.net/shared/1ufbkt5nhl

Mix sucks... headphones.. but this goes to show how realistic SSD can sound in metal.

I'm in love!

nothing! just used the NRG room and adjusted accordingly... it's all about the room mics baby. i love this thing.

Ah right good stuff, so you mainly used the room mics and added the close mic'd cymbals in for definition?

I guess that may be where people are going wrong with this and using the close mic's as the forefront.

exactly. the routing is a little funny in Cubase but once you get it all sorted it's amazing.

just like when using DFHS or S2.0, those rooms mics have GOT to be up on the OHs to get them sounding realistic....

like i said, once you get the routing sorted, just keep adding a little more and more room to each cymbal and keep the faders for the NRG room at unity. i tried compressing the nrg room but didnt like it quite as much

mix is definitely a bit off like you said... snare sounds kinda weird... but you've got the cymbals sounding pretty nice... I like the kick too, which is it?