Quote Of The Week

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
Rob Flyn From Machine Head - "This shit's like goddamn 'Masters'-era METALLICA! ... only slower ... and not like METALLICA"

:lol:

yeah, here is the full article:

MACHINE HEAD's FLYNN: 'The Guitars Are Fucking Back'

MACHINE HEAD frontman Robert Flynn has posted the following message via the band's official web site, www.machinehead1.com:

"All that I will tell you about the new MACHINE HEAD demo is that:

"THE GUITARS ARE FUCKIIIIIIIING BACK!!!!!!

"We're talking B-I-G, fat, meaty, slicing fuckin' guitars. The type of guitars that have the painful frequency that hurts your ears, and rips your head off in sweet, sweet, painful bliss.

"Ahrue eat your heart out.

"FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

"We're talking guitars like concrete slabs.
We're talking drums like concussion mortars.
We're talking bass so heavy it'll make your testicles / ovaries ache.
We're talking melodies so sad, and mellower moments so lonely, that you're gonna weep tears of joy, in a fit of depressed glee, while babbling mindlessly with your thumb in your mouth, looking for your fucking nook-nook.

"FUCK YEAH!!!!!

"We're talking Molten Metal Hot Lava from the Super Satanic Sacred Volcano located in the Bowels of Fucking Hell!!!!!!!!
Or something......

"And...... even some LEADS are back. And not just any old leads, we're talking 2 part shredder leads ....... IN HARMONY!!!!!
We're talking sick, sick beats, with fills galore.
We're talking Adam doing a bass riff so crazy, it's done with Eddie Van Halen finger taps, and Cliff Burton wah-wah.
I call him Eddie Van Burton.

"FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

"UNLEASH THE KRACKEN!!!!!!!

"This shit's like goddamn 'Masters'-era METALLICA! ... only slower ... and not like METALLICA.

"FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

"In other news:

"[Producer] Colin Richardson absolutely 'RULED' the Live album. He made 'HellaLive' sound in-fucking-credible.

"Plus, comin' at cha' soon, we have a kick ass video for 'The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears'. Shot at the 2002 With Full Force festival, it was MH's 'first-ever' headlining festival slot, in front of 20,000 + maniacal 'HEAD' fanatics, and it turned out really good.

"Last but not least,
We have listened to your requests, we have heard your pleas, and, we have heeded your advice. Soon, we will be having a 'Studio' section on the web site. With video footage, pictures, rehearsals, recording, snippets of new songs, weekly e-mail updates from the band, and bi-monthly video updates, that will essentially document the making of our new album from demos to album, with all the ups and downs in between. We are very excited about this, and want to thank everyone who pestered us to get off our butts and do this.
Thank you fuckerz!

Originally posted by Haupassia
Rob Flyn From Machine Head - "This shit's like goddamn 'Masters'-era METALLICA! ... only slower ... and not like METALLICA"

:lol:

So Rob is saying it could also be LIKE Britney Spears ... only slower ... and not LIKE Britney Spears?

I hope the album is cool and more like their first 2 cd's but I can't see that happening !

Originally posted by Hanso
I hope the album is cool and more like their first 2 cd's but I can't see that happening !

"My book's like 'Lord of the Rings', only shorter, and not like 'Lord of the Rings'" What a fucking stupid thing to say.

Anyway, Machine Head will never top 'Burn My Eyes'. They should just split up.

They did top Burn My Eyes. With The More Things Change...! :headbang:

"We're talking Molten Metal Hot Lava from the Super Satanic Sacred Volcano located in the Bowels of Fucking Hell!!!!!!!!" *giggles*

Nah BME is their best album. TMTC was good, but not as kick-arse. :) Robbbbbb talked up their last two albums though, and look what they were like..............

The first 2 songs on BME are awesome, the rest are good, but its not as consistant as TMTC I think.

I think Robb realises what he needs to do after seeing the record sales for Supercharger :)

Record sales (or lack thereof) can always be a good spur. :) I think fans bagged the latest album on the MH forum, and Robbbbbb asked them what they wanted him to do on the next one etc.

Originally posted by spawn
The first 2 songs on BME are awesome, the rest are good, but its not as consistant as TMTC I think.

Shock horror i agree with ya spawny, you actaully made a smart statement :p :lol:

But yes TMTC is the bands best effort simply because its more consistent

Did you see the thread? I did, all he did was say "I know a lot of you were disappointed with Supercharger, why was that?"

Thats not selling out, thats asking the people who support the band what they didnt like about the album so he can avoid doing it again hopefully. The new album may well be shit anyway, but Robb has balls asking them like that, could you imagine Metallica, Iron Maiden or Iced Earth etc. ever posting and asking what the fans think of the previous album, especially if they knew everyone pretty much hated it?

Yeah that's what I thought. I think he realised the fans weren't happy with the last album, and probably wasn't himself. He seemed to be lacking ideas, and wanted to get fan suggestions to write something they would like. I admired him a lot for having the balls to admit things weren't as good as they could be and ask fans for advice.

Yeah I reckon that might be the case. :) I don't know him that well, but his arrival did coincide with MH's fall.

He was always pushing for more "melodic" stuff, and when I saw MH supporting Slayer, Ahrue was standing there like a statue while the rest of the guys in the band were going nuts on stage, so that pretty much said it all for me :D

Yeah he was pretty much like that. Logan was much better......but where the hell is Logan now???!!!