R.I.P. Anton Maiden

SirLardsAlot

The Priest of Syrinx
Jul 31, 2003
New Jersey, USA
www.horizonforums.com
For those of you who know of Anton Gustafsson (A.K.A. Anton Maiden), this is a sad day. Anton Maiden was reported missing last week, and yesterday or the day before he was found dead of a supposed suicide.

Anton Maiden was a huge Iron Maiden fan from Sweden who did his own covers of 8 Maiden songs and released it on CD a few years back. These covers were supposedly terrible (I cant say for sure, I never heard them) but they were funny so thats why everyone liked him. He became pretty famous among Maiden fans when he released this, thats why I thought some of you old-school Maiden fans would want to know this.

:(

anton's webpage (swedish)

he was 23

i loved his mp3z- reminds me of karaoke and that pic alan posted of cardboard guitars and that feeling when music totally envelops you so much that you must take an active part in it. long live midi and the musical mind!
RIP ANTON

SirLardsAlot said:
For those of you who know of Anton Gustafsson (A.K.A. Anton Maiden), this is a sad day. Anton Maiden was reported missing last week, and yesterday or the day before he was found dead of a supposed suicide.
(

Is he the guy who did the pure-vocal covers of songs?

Sad day for his family. It is never easy to have a close friend or family member commit suicide.. my thoughts go out to them in this time of trouble.

-HobbesDawg

That sucks! RIP Anton. I hope things are better wherever he may be now. I saw a guy playing keys in a small room at the club The Garage and he had a style very similar to Anton! He took requests and even played some Maiden for us!