R.I.P. Gary Moore: 1952-2011

A sad day for music fans...Gary Moore, who most Nightwish fans know of through the band's cover of his song "Over the Hills and Far Away", passed away on Sunday while on vacation in Spain. He was only 58.

Since his music is connected with Nightwish, I felt inclined to make a post about it here, but I felt it was fitting to put it in Other Music.

I have always liked Moore's music, long before I ever heard of Nightwish. "Still Got the Blues" is one of my favorite all-time songs. I was very sad to hear this news. Why do we always have to lose the talented ones? :(

News article about his passing: http://www.examiner.com/hard-rock-in-national/guitar-legend-gary-moore-dead-at-age-58-1

Gary Moore was one the finest musicians this world will ever know. He is one of my all time favorites. I will never forget the day he died as it is my birthday. I started listening to him when he was in a band called Colosseum II. Then Thin Lizzy and then his solo band. Great stuff! His rock and later blues was brilliant. I especially like Corridors of Power, After The War, and Still Got The Blues. There is a song called Sunset that he did on a Cozy Powell album, Tilt, that is one of my favorites. A beautiful instrumental. If you are a Gary Moore fan you have to get this song.

R.I.P. Gary. You will be missed. :cry: