R.I.P. Gary Moore

RIP Gary Moore

Was lucky enough to see him twice with Lizzy. Brian Robertson was always a trainwreck & Moore was always called in to save the tours.

This sucks. I've been a big fan for a long time. He was such a talented guitarist and underrated songwriter. Gary Moore actually opened the very first concert I ever saw. Def Leppard (on Pyromania tour), Krokus (Headhunter) and Gary Moore (Victims of the Future). Saw him once again with Y&T and Ace Frehley on the Wild Frontier tour. One of a very short list of artists whose music I loved that I never got to meet. He spent most of the latter part of his career as a blues artist but just last year IIRC he did a special rock performance at Sweden Rock Festival, giving me hope that maybe it might lead to a full tour. Unfortunately that'll never happen. Goodbye Gary, thanks for the music. We'll miss you. RIP

probably my favorite solo song by him. Wasn't this played at the All Star Jam?

Yup. Ralf Schepers and Mat Sinner did it. Primal fear actually covered the song before that and you can find it on the greatest hits album Metal is Forever.

Any chance of posting the video of that from the All Star Jam as a tribute?

This news just hitting me now, I'm devastated and not quite able to process it, been one of my favorite players for near 30 years. I thought we would have him around much longer...

Wow, that totally sucks. At 58 he should have had a lot more guitar solos in him before departing us. I feel bad for his family. I found out about this the same day I learned a 45-year-old friend of mine passed away in his sleep from the flu. This has been a bad winter. :(

If anyone saw my Facebook posts yesterday you saw how deeply this has affected me. I spent most of the day talking about Gary. What a great and utter loss. I put many of my comments into a blog at Piercing Metal, along with others like Alex Skolnick. http://piercingmetal.com/wordpress/?p=5539

Then today a slight smile came to my face when I remembered something. A 26 year old Mark Edwards got to be in the same magazine as Gary Moore back in 1987. Wow....

R.I.P. Gary Moore. You meant so much to this guitarist. May your family and friends find everlasting strength and inspiration from your music.

MRIArticle.jpg

(That's me on the far left...)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Gary Moore was an incredible axman. When I was a kid, I loved him when I first heard him do "Shapes of Things". That song became a staple when I was in college.

RIP, Gary!

Last edited by a moderator: