R.I.P. Irvin Kershner

Pablokers

Huge Member
Feb 13, 2008
Pretty soon after I heard about "uncle Leslie" I found someone else had passed away too.
You gave us such wonderful classics like The Empire Strikes Back and the uber-campy Robocop 2 which was awesome, on many levels.

I'll leave you with Mr Lucas' statement.

"The world has lost a great director and one of the most genuine people I've had the pleasure of knowing. ... Irvin Kershner was a true gentleman in every sense of the word. When I think of Kersh, I think of his warmth, his thoughtfulness and his talent. ... Following Star Wars, I knew one thing for sure: I didn't want to direct the second movie myself. I needed someone I could trust, someone I really admired and whose work had maturity and humor. That was Kersh all over. I didn't want Empire to turn into just another sequel, another episode in a series of space adventures. I was trying to build something, and I knew Kersh was the guy to help me do it. He brought so much to the table. I am truly grateful to him. He was a friend as well as a colleague. He will be missed."

Heard about this yesterday about twenty minutes after hearing about Leslie :( Shit day, no fans

Also, George Lucas doesn't have a heart or a soul - he proved that when he created Jar Jar Binks.

I watched ESB the night before he died, fucking weird. Anyway he did a good job on the movie, and Mr Lucas is still making some good Star Wars stuff with his Clone Wars Tv show. Lucas should make some more Star Wars movies but all the oldschool fans would cry like babies about tarnishing the saga's legacy. I just say fuck it, make 5 more of them bastards it's not like we're going to live forever.

Also, George Lucas doesn't have a heart or a soul - he proved that when he created Jar Jar Binks.

Jar-Jar-Binks.jpg