R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

I'd love to sing something on this, although I suppose lower tuning than original would be appreciated not only by me : ) Maybe something from Rainbow or Strange Highways album but I'll gladly do anything.

Thinking about the finished product here a bit, correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't we all record midi drums and then we'll decide on ONE drum sound for the tribute album, one generic sound for the guitars (everbody can post DI's and then someone will kindly reamp them), same with bass, and then someone can mix the whole thing?
Still available for any bass part, I would love to do Rainbow in the dark, Heaven and Hell, Children of the sea, We rock, Don't talk to strangers, anything really.

Thinking about the finished product here a bit, correct me if I'm wrong. Why don't we all record midi drums and then we'll decide on ONE drum sound for the tribute album, one generic sound for the guitars (everbody can post DI's and then someone will kindly reamp them), same with bass, and then someone can mix the whole thing?
Still available for any bass part, I would love to do Rainbow in the dark, Heaven and Hell, Children of the sea, We rock, Don't talk to strangers, anything really.

Because my technique kind of limits what songs I am able to record, Id be up for the production of this project, and I can start on the Holy Diver cover in a day or two when I get some time.

Should I make a new thread for this? There already seems to be a thread made, but we can do the official one :D

Also, sorry about my late replies dudes, I use a sort of dial up usb internet thing, and my bro used it up watching high def red dead redemption videos for hours, so I'm actually at a internet shop now... but I'll be able to get on at least once a day, just not as much as i normally am, at least for a week now :(

I might be able to provide some guitar tracks... I'll give some samples later on.

I vote Severu to take charge lol!
But that's a great idea me thinks!

Shit you guys are fast! :lol:

Too fast :D

Anyway, I didn't realise that Holy Diver had been done a while ago by Marcus, so I will have to look for another song to do, but like I said in my other post, I don't mind if I just do the production, as long as I'm getting to help this project :D

Because my technique kind of limits what songs I am able to record, Id be up for the production of this project, and I can start on the Holy Diver cover in a day or two when I get some time.

Should I make a new thread for this? There already seems to be a thread made, but we can do the official one :D

Also, sorry about my late replies dudes, I use a sort of dial up usb internet thing, and my bro used it up watching high def red dead redemption videos for hours, so I'm actually at a internet shop now... but I'll be able to get on at least once a day, just not as much as i normally am, at least for a week now :(

We really need a leader to manage the project, because everybody does his thing on his side, nobody knows exactly who is doing what, it's just a mess and this is not efficient. Even personnally, I'm keen on doing some parts, but at the moment I don't even know what I can do, it's so messy.

We need an overall generic sound, I agree too that the drums have to have a consistent and static sound through the whole tribute.

I might can provide some guitar tones ( in terms of reamping ) ... but first we would need to decide what tuning are we playing in? I can try to get guitar tones sound close to original if needed..

I might can provide some guitar tones ( in terms of reamping ) ... but first we would need to decide what tuning are we playing in? I can try to get guitar tones sound close to original if needed..

I think that we should stick close to original tone,arrangement and tuning!I can make Holy Diver in thrash or death metal version but that's not a tribute song.I think that good tribute album should sound very close to original!!!

I think that we should stick close to original tone,arrangement and tuning!I can make Holy Diver in thrash or death metal version but that's not a tribute song.I think that good tribute album should sound very close to original!!!

I was thinking maybe doing 7 string covers, but that would be changing them a bit too much, they still need to have that classic Dio vibe :D