R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

ok ok organization here people. I think Sonny or anyone should start a new thread and start making a list of the members, we seem to have plenty bassists which is a rarity haha.

So I want Stargazer, and could do Children of the Sea, Heaven and Hell or Mob Rules on bass also.

Sonny, make the thread and we'll keep spitting out names there!

People, I'd be delighted to play guitar on any Dio and especially Rainbow songs you might be planning to record collectively! I can provide a DI track, no problem...
I'd pass on Black Sabbath/H&H, not because I like them less, but because I play in standard tuning :)
Feel free to contact me at PM if my services are needed...

I'll miss Dio's new music very much... He was a unique person in the business, his career been built on music and nothing but music. One of very few not being involved in any kind of drugs, alcohol or sex scandals, he was all about music and I respect him deeply for that! Rock in peace, Dio!

First draft for Neon Knights: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1673763/Neon_Knights.mp3

I gotta rework a few parts and I'll probably add another guitar solo to "battle" the synth solo... As my singing would be a disgrace to the mighty one, I did something else for now... that probably ended up way too cheesy haha.

Anyone wanna sing... Felix, maybe?

Thank you Slash :oops:

I´d love to sing "stand up and shout", cause this is one of my alltime faves and I know it pretty well. Though I could try singing another track, as well.

Like I said in my thread.. I'm down for "Rainbow in the Dark" and I'd be glad to do "Heaven and Hell" or "Stand Up and Shout"... Rhythms or Leads in any of those if they aren't taken..

Also, would anyone object to mix a guitar track with the synth line in "Rainbow in the Dark"? I like how it sounds with a squeal/pinch harmonic in there haha...

-Paul

P.S. I like the idea of having a consistent sound by reamping guitars and bass all to the same/similar amp settings, although if we could have some real drummers it would be nice, they could be sample replaced anyway, or just recorded to midi if anyone has an E-kit

I agree with this completly, I think it'd be quite nice to have consistency with the guitars and bass.. (That and it's much easier for me to record DI tracks in the apartment haha)

Mix wise, will one person be mixing all the tracks?

I'll be glad to help with a layout for a rear cover if neccesary (if we don't do any covers and such I'd still like a definitive list so I can do one for myself and any other forum guys that would like one..

-Paul

I already wrote in the other thread, I'd love to sing one of the tunes.

Here's a sample of my voice.

http://www.box.net/shared/91qihu9g6a

Joey

This is pretty kick-ass!

Personally, I wouldn't like a consistent tone across the whole thing.
I'd like to hear everyones take on these classic songs and don't mind the variation.

+ 1

My take on Neon Knights is pretty much done (sans vocals):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1673763/Neon_Knights-final.mp3

But I suck, so don't click. :lol:

Obviously Dio was an influence for you. Sounds good. Hope I'm not the only one who notices this :)

Thanx, man :)
I simply adored the guy, that's why I'd really love to contribute. I've always dreamed of singing Heaven and Hell.