R+

Hey guys, while I'm enjoying your third-graders quarrel, I would like to encourage you to at least pick more unique methods of self-termination for your rivals.

Haha, an expert forum historian, excellent. Maybe I should get a less-boring avatar. Oh and this thread is going in a really off-topic direction now.

Oh and this thread is going in a really off-topic direction now.

Indeed.

People who like Rammstein: post in this thread about Rammstein.
People who don't like Rammstein: do not shit on this thread about Rammstein.

One of these days I'll have to get down to rewriting the forum rules from scratch. Sadly, I'll probably make them dumber: as they are now (circa 2002) they greatly overestimate people's ability to have a discussion over the Internet.

Yeah, Kein Engel is not official, au contrarie, there was an announcement in R+'s page stating it is an illegal leak, released by evil people of doom!, and no-one should download it.

What R+ page? Was it some sort of fan site?
as R+.de / R+.com never mentioned it?

I've written to Universal/Pilgrim Management about bootleg/unofficial whatever
and they don't care about it. They seem to think its all free advertising.

When a group sells millions of CDs, DVDs, all their concerts sell out, a few 100/1000 downloads has no meaning,
saying that I never download anything, never.

Rammstein RULES!!!

I think I saw it at R+.com and it was after the release date of Volkerball, now I can't seem to find it either. Weird, perhaps they deleted it because they realized it was just more promotion to Kain Engel, or maybe I just imagined the whole thing.

^ all of the above, some of the above, none of the above
actually I think it has to do with my parents, the way I was raised,
not taking something that does not belong to me
or taking it without the owners permission

May I recommend something for you downloaders:
Rammstein / Eminem remix ... "my name is VS engel"
Its a beautiful thing as two of my all time favorites mix things up
I'm sure it can be found in all the usual places

Emigrate, the side project of Rammstein guitarist Richard Z. Kruspe, will be Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson's guests on Friday, July 27 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

Rammstein = third-grade Laibach meets Metallica in their gay era.

I do like some of their songs (can't stand through an entire album, though), they're so cheesy they're good. Kind of a fetish, like Manowar or newer In Flames. I may check this new one if I'm in the mood.

So, which would you say is Laibach's best (as in heaviest) album? I got Volk and was disappointed.

^ I used to know a guy from Uruguay who always said B instead of V. I guess it has to do with the Spanish language. Just like Germans who can't pronounce the th right.

Indeed, I think people from Spain do take the time and effort to differentiate V and B, we Latin Americans are just used to pronounce B and V equally, also S and Z, etc... I myself can tell the difference between B and V and try to use them correctly when speaking in English, or when failing at trying to speak German, etc.

i have always thought that the letter "r" ist the most difficult to pronouce in all the languages that i learned...

The French speaking people cant pronounce "th" either, or the "h" when its the first letter in a word, like "house", because in French you just dont pronounce the letter at all most of the time.

Rammstein have officially confirmed that Völkerball will be released in the USA in September.
I never understood why Universal releases R+ music here(USA) many months after it was available elsewhere???
Wrote Universal as to what versions of Völkerball will be released here(USA), they replied all three versions as was done in the EU, which I find confusing as I have the five official versions released across the pond
I get my EU, R+ here
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/home/hitlist
the version with the book is no longer available as there were only 10000 numbered copies -

I'm so sad :cry:

Emanuel Fialik of Pilgrim Management GmbH, which represents German industrial metal pioneers RAMMSTEIN, has issued the following press release:

"On the 13th of July 2007 the industrial gothic top act RAMMSTEIN announces that after the release of the next studio album, which is about to get finished, the current singer and frontman Till Lindemann will leave the band.

"Till's decision is mainly based on the increasing inharmoniousness within the band and was well deliberated. He will head now for other challenges which can be a solo career or maybe a new project (as of his own words).

"The band decided not to quit but announce a new singer. There is a clear statement coming from Richard Kruspe and Christoph Schneider that 'nobody ever can replace Till Lindemann' but since 'we have still so much fun doing RAMMSTEIN we looked for a new singer which is charismatic in his own way without copying Till.'

"The new singer which was found and signed to be the new RAMMSTEIN frontman is the co-founder and ex-member of the electro industrial act KMFDM and current singer of SLICK IDIOT — En Esch — who recently moved to Berlin to join the band.

"We all will miss Till Lindemann who gave us many years of joy by listening to his unique grinding voice. Please welcome the talented En Esch — Till's footsteps are big, but maybe he can dry our tears rapidly."

"The band decided not to quit but announce a new singer."

Saddest part of the news. I think bands should at least modify their name and reform after such a dramatic change as losing a charismatic leader or switching to a completely different style. But who's going to stop them from cashing in on their already-established popularity?