Radial ProRMP modification

Thanks for the information. I modded my RMP successfully last night.

I swapped in a mini Alpha pot too. I cut the back of the old pot off to use it as a header for the new wires. So lame how the stock one is sunk in like that.

Have any of you tried the 20k impedance pot like the Jensen and NYD schematics show?

Are you guys also removing / jumping the resistor and cap that are connected to the ground switch?

006, be careful dude, the pads are easy to lift off the board.

You should not remove capacitor and resistor - jensen schematics also has this (same values).
I think stock pot is made this way to protect output volume from unintentional modification.

You mean ground lift switch? Never have such problem, only hum is reduced, frequency response remains the same in general (excluding peaks due to hum).

I'm gonna mod mine this evening. I hope I don't fuck the device too much.

Those metallic bridges, where I can find them? What are they made of? I mean it has to be from a specific material?

Can I use this (don't know the name in english) to solder and to make the bridge?
72.jpg

just cut some wire and solder it,I used ethernet cable wires.You will need that solder
cat5diy6.jpg

Only one wire, or the little buch of wires?. i mean when you remove the isolation of a cable, there are usually many ultra-thin wires.

I have no fucking idea of electronic but as I far as I know on this kind of shit, the thickness is important, isn't it?

Those ultra mini wires,two of them.The core in ultramini wires is good its not that small as you think :)

does anyone know what size hex key you need for the pcb board?
Tried to dismount PCB, but you will require to unsolder XLR or pot, PCB cannot be taken out if screws are removed, at least I did not managed to make it :(
You can unsolder resistors and wire conductors without removing the PCB.

IT WORKS!

I removed the 3 resistors and bridged the first 2. Did a quick test at home with M-Audio Profire and didn't notice that small gain loss. So I think it worths to mod it.

BTW some people say M-Audio Profire can't be used for reamping due to weak signal output. IT CAN if you set master volume on the device to maximum.

This mod is a must and i started taking my box apart as soon as i read this thread. Thanks for posting this stuff guys!

I ended up using some extra resistors i had laying around and used the extra wire on the ends for the jumpers.