Radio?

Nov 30, 2005
Nebraska
www.facebook.com
I know that almost no one here listens to the radio for music, but we all probably listen to radio for one reason or another. Do you listen to FM, AM, or satellite? What about talk, sports, NPR, or college stations?
I actually listen to quite a bit of radio, especially the local NPR affiliates; KIOS plays news and jazz music, while KVNO plays basically all classical. I listen to some talk radio, like Michael Savage (not because I agree with him, because he's entertaining) and Coast To Coast AM with George Noorey. I also listen to the local college radio station, who plays a "metal" show on Saturday nights (though they mostly play horrible x-core bands and nu-metal), and some ESPN radio. ESPN radio is awesome for out-of-market games.

Last.fm or Pandora. Sirius isn't terrible, they'll occasionally play something good. I really like the "Sirius Chill" station for mellow electronic. Don't have any use for traditional broadcast radio, though...

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me most weeks. Also, Car Talk is good to just have on when I'm doing whatever in the kitchen.

Mathiäs;9001209 said:
I like NPR, the local jazz station, AM sports stations and whatnot yeah

Thats probably the only thing close to good on the radio. Despite how much I dislike raw jazz. However I somewhat agree with Draele on certain radio stations like Sirius and what have you, occasionally there is hopefully something good. I've never used Pandora because I find it to be quite pointless rather finding a small portion of worth it bands after cycling through related artists and really its hit or miss. Last fm I never gave a damn about using.

I used to listen to Michael Savage, but he's getting senile. The downhill slide began when he was kicked off MSNBC and after years and years of Mustaine-worthy feuds, I think being banned from the UK stripped away the last percentage of airtime not dedicated to his ego. When he manages to actually talk about something not directly related to bad service at a restaurant or bad traffic he rehashes the same old bullshit, and with none of his old charisma. Unfortunate since he was easily my favorite political AM radio host for a good while.

Don't listen to the radio anymore.

I listen to NPR quite a bit with my mom in the car. We'll listen to it every day on our way to school.

Car Talk is pretty amusing to listen to.

Mathiäs;9001209 said:
I like NPR, the local jazz station, AM sports stations and whatnot yeah

If I had to listen to radio then NPR, jazz, classical, and sports stations would what I listen to. Classic Rock would be great if they didn't play the same songs and some shit bands.

I used to listen to Howard Stern when i had Sirius, now i just watch him OnDemand. If i'm in my car i'm listening to my ipod. I can't stand Chicago's Top 40 stations and even the classic rock stations are played out.

NPR is generally what I'll listen to if the radio is on, but given that my car has an ipod adapter, its rarely on.

The NPR radio station in Vegas is on my campus which is pretty cool imo

BUMP

Does anyone have stations in their area that plays metal? The Boston stations here are shit mondern rock stations, a boring classic rock station, and a boring station that is sorta classic rock but with some new music in there. I don't listen to FM radio at all.