Rage Against the Machine

Bierbommetje

Nov 21, 2005
Did a search, nothing came up, so forgive me if a thread on RATM exists.

So, anyone like this band? I think they're awesome. Tom Morello is one of my fave guitarists. The "solo" in Testify just kicks my ass every time. Zack de la Rocha is a very powerful frontman, especially on their first album he's just full of energy. Though he can't rhyme for shit live. He's got an interesting way of keeping time to say the least. Timmy C never fails to lay down a thumping bass-line when needed, and together with Brad Wilk they form a very solid rhytemn section who can really groove at times.

Fave album: tie between the debut and Battle for Los Angeles. I might need to listen to it a lot more, but I feel Evil Empire is a bit rubbish. Dunno, nothing's really clicked with me on that album, except for the first two songs. Bulls on Parade is awesome, though. The rest is just kinda... meh.

Fave songs: Testify, Killing in the Name, Calm like a Bomb, off the top of my head (probably changes in 5 minutes).

So, yeah, RATM.

Discuss.

Awesome band... I think you pretty much covered it, apart from Evil Empire kicks ass, Listen again... O and renegades is one of the best put together cover albums.. awesome variety of stuff on there all Ragafied

Benighted1 said:
Awesome band... I think you pretty much covered it, apart from Evil Empire kicks ass, Listen again... O and renegades is one of the best put together cover albums.. awesome variety of stuff on there all Ragafied

Yeah, I admit I really haven't given Evil Empire a good listen. I keep seeing glowing reviews, so yeah, Ill give it another chance. Renegades indeed kicks ass.

I used to love them, back in middle school or so, but I haven't really tried to listen to them since. Overall I'd say they were a pretty aweosme band, although Tom's riffs got kinda stale. Evil Empire is bad ass though, you should really listen to it some more.

lmao i always wondered why he would keep a pocket full of shells (emtpies). thats kinda useless imo. maybe he had a home bullet-packing kit or somethin.

then again, pocket fulla cartridges is sort of cumbersome

A very good band it was, though most of the folk here probably despise them because of the hip-hop influences... Their debut was genious and actually all their albums are decent. I especially like Renegades - the covers sound nothing like the originals, outstanding job. Too bad they don't play anymore... I don't like Audioslave that much and I haven't heard from ol' Zacharias in a long time...

I liked them for about five minutes a year or so ago when a flatmate was obsessed. After about a week I got to where I am still now, I cant stand it at all. Every track is too similar, you can tell where parts of other songs can fit into the next.

Yeah I never really liked them, except to mosh with my friends when I was 12. Someone was right up there^, I really don't like the hip hop influences, not because I'm ignorant, just because I don't think it works well.:loco:

saut said:
lmao i always wondered why he would keep a pocket full of shells (emtpies). thats kinda useless imo. maybe he had a home bullet-packing kit or somethin.

then again, pocket fulla cartridges is sort of cumbersome

It's not referring to empty shells. A shell can be both an empty and a live piece of ammunition.

A cartridge is mearly a casing for a number of 'shells'.

Don't dismiss the best rythm section this side of Bohnam/John Paul Jones.

Brad Wilk and Tim C had as much groove as any funk Parliament record.

The first album is a masterpiece, a true classic, the second one is good and the battle for LA is excellent.

And DJ Tom Morello was in Da house man , I am tellin' Ya !!!!

Loved the Ratm part in Natural Born Killers !

My only grip is that they had Rage Against The Machine and yet they were signed on Sony Music !

Does capitalism recycle everything even its own and most ardent detractors ?
It seems so ...

Look at Michael Moore , his name is practically a brand now ...