Rage Against the Machine

Tim Commenford is a good Bassist, Tom Morelo is sevrely over rated (it's practically all effects), Dela Roche is just rubbish. I never had an issue with their drummer. Some good songs, but their albums are mostly filler, Renegades and Guerilla Radio are anthems but the rest I can live without. Also a very hypocritical band, who 13 year old boys get off on because they have lots of pictures on Che Guvera associated with them, there again these are the kind of people who look at the pictures and have never read a word of Marx or Engles and thing that Communism means "Everyone being equal". I laughed when Rage played on the steps of Wall Street to protest over the Evil Empire that was America and it's capitalist nature, all the while they were signed to Sony hahaha. People fell for it though so I guess it was a good marketing idea.

All in all, highly over rated band, right up their with The Rolling Stones.

oh, Morello proved to be a skilled guitarist a couple of times... his basic solo sound is actually based on effects of all sorts, but most musicians have access to them and yet he made it a lot more interesting than the others... You may not like him but do admit he is innovative

Powers said:
Tim Commenford is a good Bassist, Tom Morelo is sevrely over rated (it's practically all effects), Dela Roche is just rubbish. I never had an issue with their drummer. Some good songs, but their albums are mostly filler, Renegades and Guerilla Radio are anthems but the rest I can live without. Also a very hypocritical band, who 13 year old boys get off on because they have lots of pictures on Che Guvera associated with them, there again these are the kind of people who look at the pictures and have never read a word of Marx or Engles and thing that Communism means "Everyone being equal". I laughed when Rage played on the steps of Wall Street to protest over the Evil Empire that was America and it's capitalist nature, all the while they were signed to Sony hahaha. People fell for it though so I guess it was a good marketing idea.

All in all, highly over rated band, right up their with The Rolling Stones.

Alot of Rages money was actually spent on charitys and such. They were by no means a selfish band.

Powers said:
Tom Morelo is sevrely over rated (it's practically all effects)

I personally think he is an effect genius. Also, you can't just use an effect and automatically it sounds good. The way he uses all these different effects are really great. I've never heard any guitarist come close to sounding anything near him (solo-wise).

Frosties said:
I personally think he is an effect genius. Also, you can't just use an effect and automatically it sounds good. The way he uses all these different effects are really great. I've never heard any guitarist come close to sounding anything near him (solo-wise).

Totally agreed on all points. I also think some of his non-solo work is awesome. Like Calm like a Bomb in the verse or Ashes in the Wake. Not to mention his riffs. Genius.

Just because they were signed to Sony, that doesn't mean anything. They have to be signed to a big label in order to get their message out. Sometimes "sacrifices" must be made in order to achieve what you're trying to do.

FRUGiHOYi said:
Just because they were signed to Sony, that doesn't mean anything. They have to be signed to a big label in order to get their message out. Sometimes "selling out" must be made in order to achieve what you're trying to do.
Sig Material

FRUGiHOYi said:
Haha yeah, because being in a major label = selling out. I guess Opeth are sell outs. So now you're gonna quote me on your sig with something I didn't even say? You're an idiot.

Grammaticely wrong stuff that you didn't say I might add

affinityband said:
Alot of Rages money was actually spent on charitys and such. They were by no means a selfish band.

I don't think they were selfish, just rediulous.

It doesn't bother me if they sold out or not, I just don't appriiate the bullshit of "Fight The Power....now...Mr Sony gimme more money"

Powers said:
I think I just like good music too much.

I think you care too much and look too deeply into stuff that really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the music. It's probably just me, but the thing I care most about in a band is... the music they make as a band.

Bierbommetje said:
I think you care too much and look too deeply into stuff that really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the music. It's probably just me, but the thing I care most about in a band is... the music they make as a band.
No, I'm the same way. There might be some others too.

Benighted1 said:
If Rage didn't sign to a major label, they wouldn't have been able to get their message out to as many people. Isn't that obvious? Why are you such a dum shit?
Sorry douchebag if I offended you. I was joking, I don't have an opinion on this band, or them signing to SONY. BTW, your argument is full of shit. In your reasoning if someone recieves funding from Hitler to get their anti-dictatorship message out they are not at fault.

metal_wrath said:
Sorry douchebag if I offended you. I was joking, I don't have an opinion on this band, or them signing to SONY. BTW, your argument is full of shit. In your reasoning if someone recieves funding from Hitler to get their anti-dictatorship message out they are not at fault.

Now THIS is sig material