Rage Against the Machine

I think people should use Hitler to try and win arguments more often.

If Hitler was in the room and he agreed with me, you wouldn't disagree then, would you?

^ what special do you see about him? apart for having a lousy backing vocal... I don't remember any outstanding bass work on RATM records. I mean sure he's decent but he's no Wooten...

:Wreath: said:
^ what special do you see about him? apart for having a lousy backing vocal... I don't remember any outstanding bass work on RATM records. I mean sure he's decent but he's no Wooten...

He's not a technical bassist. He just knows what to do and what's needed to support a song, cause he's that kind of bassist, a supporter. And the stuff he does with wah is awesome. Calm Like a Bomb or Mic Check for instance. So simple, but it creates such a massive rhytemn, it could tare a house apart when played at high volumes.

EDIT: And regarding the backing vocals, he's got a better sense of rhytemn then Zack. Just listen to a live version of Killing in the Name during the breaks.

Bierbommetje said:
He's not a technical bassist. He just knows what to do and what's needed to support a song, cause he's that kind of bassist, a supporter. And the stuff he does with wah is awesome. Calm Like a Bomb or Mic Check for instance. So simple, but it creates such a massive rhytemn, it could tare a house apart when played at high volumes.

EDIT: And regarding the backing vocals, he's got a better sense of rhytemn then Zack. Just listen to a live version of Killing in the Name during the breaks.

Well, the support a song gets from a bass line is dependant on the songwriter mostly, so it would be hard to settle who's to credit - his basslines follow the guitarlines most of the time. I'm not trying to discredit Tim but I can't see why he would be credited as wonderful either... And I HAVE heard this version and think quite the contrary ;) and his vox with Audioslave are just awful...

:Wreath: said:
Well, the support a song gets from a bass line is dependant on the songwriter mostly, so it would be hard to settle who's to credit - his basslines follow the guitarlines most of the time. I'm not trying to discredit Tim but I can't see why he would be credited as wonderful either... And I HAVE heard this version and think quite the contrary ;) and his vox with Audioslave are just awful...

There's plenty of songs with basslines that don't follow the guitar. Bullet in the Head for example, great bassline. Or Maria in the verse, just beautiful, especially in contrast to Morello's totally off-key noise. But it works, and that's why Rage Against the Machine are awesome.

RATM is pretty bad. Horrible preachy political lyrics and a guitarist who is probably the biggest one-trick-pony of the current popular rock scene (Audioslave is just terrible).

I liked them when I was in highschool but I really don't see the appeal anymore nowadays.

metal_wrath said:
Sorry douchebag if I offended you. I was joking, I don't have an opinion on this band, or them signing to SONY. BTW, your argument is full of shit. In your reasoning if someone recieves funding from Hitler to get their anti-dictatorship message out they are not at fault.

lmao Lets not bring your grandfather into this...

CAIRATH said:
RATM is pretty bad. Horrible preachy political lyrics and a guitarist who is probably the biggest one-trick-pony of the current popular rock scene (Audioslave is just terrible).

Tom Morello is far from a one-trick pony. In fact, Ive never heard a single guitarist use effects (and not just pedals) in such a versatile and varied manner.

Audioslave are nowhere near Rage, but at their best, they're still awesome in my book.

I'm not a fan of Morello's playing style. I love the rhythm section though, Cummerford and Wilke make up for it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I like RATM, but I am an Audioslave fan. Although Soundgarden pwns Audioslave anytime...