Ragnarok UK Metalfest - Dark Tranquillity Confirmed

LDK

Save Me San Miguel
Jan 18, 2006
Yorkshire, UK
www.metalism.co.uk
Metalism UK & Ragnarok UK Metalfest are very pleased to announce that one of the two special guests to perform at this year’s festival will be none other than Sweden’s longest standing melodic death metal pioneers DARK TRANQUILLITY!

The band will take time out of their recording sessions to grace the inaugural Ragnarok UK festival on Saturday 4th November 2006 at Perth Concert Hall, Central Scotland. The new album will be the follow up to 2004’s critically acclaimed “Character” album. A band with arguably no weak album among their impressive back catalogue are surely not to missed in what will be a rare 2006 performance.

Add this to the only 2006 UK performance of Germanic power legends GAMMA RAY, the ONLY confirmed 2006 appearance so far for Swedish traditional metallers DREAM EVIL as well as debut UK shows from KALMAH, CHARON & CIRCUS MAXIMUS as well as sets from ASTRAL DOORS, ELVENKING, INTENSE & HEADLESS CROSS as well as 1 more band to be confirmed, Scotland’s first REAL heavy metal festival is shaping up to be an event that no metal fan can afford to miss! The running order for the festival is as follows.

Saturday 4th November 2006
Perth Concert Hall, Perth, Central Scotland, UK

GAMMA RAY (Ger)
DARK TRANQUILLITY (Swe)
TBC
DREAM EVIL (Swe)
KALMAH (Fin)
ASTRAL DOORS (Swe)
CHARON (Fin)
ELVENKING (Ita)
CIRCUS MAXIMUS (Nor)
INTENSE (UK)
HEADLESS CROSS (UK)

Tickets are priced at £35 for main festival or £43 for a bundle containing a very limited ticket to the Ragnarok UK pre-party on 3rd November 2006. The lineup for the pre-party is now complete and is as follows:

Friday 3rd November 2006
The Doghouse, Dundee, Central Scotland, UK

SKYCLAD
PARAGON
ATTICA RAGE
EVILE
PITIFUL REIGN
NEVERWINTER
BLACK ATOM - new

Black Atom have been confirmed to open the proceedings after winning a closely fought public vote from Scottish fans to determine who, from a selection of 8 fine bands, should kick off the first year’s festivities.

To order your tickets please head over to www.ragnarokfestival.com

The new main website will be online this week, with the announcement of the other special guest band. It will incorporate brand new features and improved usability compared to the previous version. For the time being, by heading to the link above you can still purchase your tickets and sign up to the forum.

Why oh why can't this festivals be here?!? Oh yeah, we're poor, so we can only afford one or at the most 2 bands per gig :cry: . AHHHHH IT REALLY SUCKS LIVING IN A 3D WORLD COUNTRY, DOESN'T IT?

Dammit.

Something that I noticed was that Dream Evil is in the lineup. Hehe I thought that band didn't exist anymore, I was quite schocked whrn seeing it on the list.

Wow, I really hope Dt plays some new songs. Quite unlikely, but still, it'd be nice/shocking/orgasmic and it'd make me (and another few thoudand of fans) happy.