Ragnarokkr 2014: Guest Host: LEATHER LEONE

LOL - Ok, we will have to agree to disagree......

Sorry, but its amazing how many people think that "Jewish" is a nationality.
As if I was born in Jewtopia or Jewland.
Even stupider is when people go, "Oh, you are not from Israel"???

It's like if you have a group of 4 guys together in any high school comedy. You have the token Irish kid, Italian Kid, Chinese kid, and the Jew....

Nobody cares where the heck the Jew came from.
Just that he is a Jew!

"Jewish" may not be a nationality, but it is a race in addition to a religion. Why do you think otherwise?

You may not have been born in Jewland, but your ancestors were all Jewish, right? I was born in America, but that doesn't make me part of the "American race," even if there were such a thing.

What???
So because you and your ancestors are Christian, you consider yourself to be of the Christian race, you know, because you all share a common belief????

Sure, some people use their religion as a "sole" means of identification, but over all, as a whole, I would not consider religion to be "race"

Anyhow, and as I expected, no one cared to ask, but my nationality is Russian.

But being a Jew, no one cares about that, as opposed to a Christian where more people are concerned with the Nationality (IE - Greek, Eye-Talian, Polish, Irish, etc...)

As Jeremy said, it is what it is...

how the hell did we even get on this topic????????????????

What???
So because you and your ancestors are Christian, you consider yourself to be of the Christian race, you know, because you all share a common belief????

Sure, some people use their religion as a "sole" means of identification, but over all, as a whole, I would not consider religion to be "race"

But being a Jew, no one cares about that, as opposed to a Christian where more people are concerned with the Nationality (IE - Greek, Eye-Talian, Polish, Irish, etc...)

Jason seriously no digs, but you should do some research. Jews have all the characteristics of an ethnicity and not merely just a religion. Ethnicity or ethnic group is a social group of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural, or national experience. I'm thinking that would cover Jews more so than any other group on earth.:lol:

Jason seriously no digs, but you should do some research. Jews have all the characteristics of an ethnicity and not merely just a religion. Ethnicity or ethnic group is a social group of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural, or national experience. I'm thinking that would cover Jews more so than any other group on earth.:lol:

Why Jews then moreso than any other religion??????????

YES!! That's right, because to my point, most non-Jews only care that a Jew is, well a Jew, and not their Nationality.

I don't care either way. I truly don't......

But think about any Jew you know as opposed to most non-Jews you know.

I bet dollars to donuts (and I love donuts, almost as much as Bob) that you know the Nationality of your non-Jewish friends.....

I guess that's the bitch of being that "token" friend. Hahahahahaha....

Why Jews then moreso than any other religion??????????

YES!! That's right, because to my point, most non-Jews only care that a Jew is, well a Jew, and not their Nationality.

I don't care either way. I truly don't......

But think about any Jew you know as opposed to most non-Jews you know.

I bet dollars to donuts (and I love donuts, almost as much as Bob) that you know the Nationality of your non-Jewish friends.....

I guess that's the bitch of being that "token" friend. Hahahahahaha....

Toke black friend, gay friend, but never heard of token Jew... unless there is accounting needed. BOOM!:lol:
Seriously though it is not just religious, people can be Jewish and not subscribe to the newsletter. Not only is there the religious aspects, but there is a culture beyond that, also the ancestry of the people can be traced, thus ethetic group.
I guess the induction of Sammy Davis Jr. blurred the lines a bit.:lol:
So I was thinking if Leather looked up herself online and ca,e across this thread what would see think about it starting out about her appear at a fest and then morphing into a debate over ethnicity of the Jewish people, or lack their of.

Well, if there was a Corned Beef and Matzo Ball Soup race, I would gladly be a member!!!!!!

Never heard of "token Jew" friend?????

Just like with most bands, you always have the token Jew!!!! HAHAHAHA

What???

I'm not Christian. Some of my ancestors were. Before them, they were pagan. So no, we don't all share a common belief. But the point was that there's both a Jewish religion and a Jewish race. It's possible to be a member of one and not the other, which is really weird and doesn't make much sense. Ask your rabbi about it, maybe he can explain it.

I have to admit, I find your views on this rather unusual. Almost all of the Jews I've known consider themselves Jews and nothing else. Even if they are atheists they still think of themselves as Jews.

Jason are you a self lothing Jew? :lol:
But no never heard of "token jew friend", and maybe bands do it so they can so they'll have someone in the band to handle the band funds. But beware rock bands, remember the 1950s:lol:
I'm not antisemtic in anyway, but it can make for good jokes certainly when busting your chops. :lol:
But do tell us Jason, how hard is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
5s4kkZ1.gif