Ragnarokkr 2015: DANTESCO

I don't think I'll ever understand people that don't enjoy other genres of metal. I understand that you like what you like and stuff, but dismissing stuff like Death, Black, and Doom metal just seems like you are missing out on some amazing stuff. I generally favor the less-extreme genres these days, but not liking a band just because they are doom metal is silly.

But then again, I'm a hypocrite as I don't like MOST stoner doom bands simply because I don't like that sound (with the few exceptions, of course).

Whatever. Ya'll like what ya'll like. Doom what thou wilt.

I don't think I'll ever understand people that don't enjoy other genres of metal. I understand that you like what you like and stuff, but dismissing stuff like Death, Black, and Doom metal just seems like you are missing out on some amazing stuff. I generally favor the less-extreme genres these days, but not liking a band just because they are doom metal is silly.

But then again, I'm a hypocrite as I don't like MOST stoner doom bands simply because I don't like that sound (with the few exceptions, of course).

Whatever. Ya'll like what ya'll like. Doom what thou wilt.

You just literally answered your own question. People just don't like the sounds and as for doom, I think a lot of people attribute it as super slow, which isn't always the case.

As for me, I would say I love pretty much every genre of metal but am picky within each one.

Though I am not a doom metal fan, it isn't true to say I dismiss bands just because they are doom. I like Candlemass, Trouble, Solitude Aeturnus, and lots of borderline doom bands such as Black Sabbath, Witchfinder General or Doomsword. I like some black metal (like Summoning) and early death metal (Obituary, Death, Bolt Thrower, etc.) they just aren't my favorite. I also took the time to listen to all 3 Dantesco tracks posted here before deciding I didn't want to see them.

Though I am not a doom metal fan, it isn't true to say I dismiss bands just because they are doom. I like Candlemass, Trouble, Solitude Aeturnus, and lots of borderline doom bands such as Black Sabbath, Witchfinder General or Doomsword. I like some black metal (like Summoning) and early death metal (Obituary, Death, Bolt Thrower, etc.) they just aren't my favorite. I also took the time to listen to all 3 Dantesco tracks posted here before deciding I didn't want to see them.

exactly and I will try to have a band that isn't doom playing next door so people not into doom can have something to watch. I will say watch a few songs live...they are very intense live and put on a great show.

943275_10200244693496178_1220645635_n.jpg

WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS!1!

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek and not really directed at anyone in particular. Also, next year, we totally have to bond over Summoning. They are, like, one of my favorite bands of all time. Get a few pints in me again (or 15) and I can go on and on about Old Morning's Dawn.

I don't think I'll ever understand people that don't enjoy other genres of metal. I understand that you like what you like and stuff, but dismissing stuff like Death, Black, and Doom metal just seems like you are missing out on some amazing stuff. I generally favor the less-extreme genres these days, but not liking a band just because they are doom metal is silly. But then again, I'm a hypocrite as I don't like MOST stoner doom bands simply because I don't like that sound (with the few exceptions, of course). Whatever. Ya'll like what ya'll like. Doom what thou wilt.

Not wanting to see too much of a certain genre at this Fest is not the same as not liking that genre. I have plenty of doom discs on my shelves. I just prefer the faster stuff live.

As a doom fan... Most stoner doom sounds the same. And not in a good way. :puke:

I like Saint Vitus and Electric Wizard, but don't think I have found a single wanna-be Saint Electric Vitus Wizard band I enjoy. Also, I avoid most bands that sing about motorcycles and being a biker...

But Dantesco seems like an interesting booking. Lee has told me about them before; should be cool.

As a doom fan... Most stoner doom sounds the same. And not in a good way. :puke:

I like Saint Vitus and Electric Wizard, but don't think I have found a single wanna-be Saint Electric Vitus Wizard band I enjoy. Also, I avoid most bands that sing about motorcycles and being a biker...

But Dantesco seems like an interesting booking. Lee has told me about them before; should be cool.

Yeah I admit to not being much of a fan of most stoner doom. It's why I am not a fan of a lot of the dotd bands.