Ragnarokkr Main Stage 2016: MEDIEVAL STEEL

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
After a couple of years trying....MEDIEVAL STEEL will be playing the main stage at the fest in 2016. This classic US act is one of the most requested bands every year and it is great to see them finally playing the fest.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they're not just selling shirts then... ;)

HA yeah....at the past few shows they never set up a table for merch. I had to ask the band at Spring Bash if they were selling shirts. The second I bought one everyone else was asking and they sold a bunch. mike was telling them they would sell a ton at the fest.

or worse...over priced merch...so many bands try to make that extra money by charging 25 for a shirt. Or 15 dollar CD's. I know you need to make your money but keeping cost down you will sell more. When Spellcaster played Reggies last summer they were selling the CD-r cardboard sleeve CD for 10 bucks. Nope...not paying that much for that. They would have sold a bunch at 5 bucks maybe.

^^ Agree. If you're not on some big label or not playing some venue that charges you to sell merch, a shirt for $12-15 and a CD for $10 or less will put a lot more stuff in fans' hands than assuming they'll pay headliner money.

I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing from this Ragnarokkr lineup.

Let's get original guitarist, John Roth, to make an appearance. Maybe he'll be on break from Winger at the time.

I went to a Winger show last year and saw they had a touring guitarist. Looked up his history and saw he was in MS. Also in the Book! He said no one ever mentions MS to him and was appreciative. Good dude. Good guitarist.

or worse...over priced merch...so many bands try to make that extra money by charging 25 for a shirt. Or 15 dollar CD's. I know you need to make your money but keeping cost down you will sell more. When Spellcaster played Reggies last summer they were selling the CD-r cardboard sleeve CD for 10 bucks. Nope...not paying that much for that. They would have sold a bunch at 5 bucks maybe.

Eh. 25 isn't bad for a shirt. It's once you get beyond that though. The one band I always think of is Skull Fist when they played Rag. If I remember correctly their cds were like $20.

The merch at Wings was quite dear. $25 seemed to be the minimum for a shirt.

I don't know, merch is kinda expensive to stock up on when you are an demo/EP band with no fanbase, but I do agree that Medieval Steel should have some shit to sell. I'd buy a fucking shirt in a heartbeat. And a patch.