Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse 2014

On topic of the Bob and Jason argument; I don't think either band would have sold out on their own. The crowd I don't think was anything to go on. Sure everyone was into it because everyone knows Grim Reaper, question is would they have travelled solely for Grim Reaper or Riot? I don't see it happening, but I guess there is really no way to know.

Hard to say. I think if either did an exclusive show it would have sold really well but idk about sold out. Having been at plenty of shows at Reggies through the years, there were a lot of new faces, i.e. out of towners. Would these out of towners gone to see just one of them? Not many in my estimation.

Jeremy gets my point to a "T"!

Most importantly, I am thrilled the fest sold out.

But let's be honest. The vast majority of the crowd was out of towners.
I have never seen so many unfamiliar faces at a Chicago show ever!
And that's a good thing.

As Jeremy said, would people have traveled in to see RIOT or GRIM REAPER headline with just local openers? No one knows for sure.......

The fact that it was a two day "festival" (IE - Guest MC, a festival with a three year history, vendors, pre - party, etc, etc, etc) is going to make it more attractive than just a one off....

That was my point.

Hard to say. I think if either did an exclusive show it would have sold really well but idk about sold out. Having been at plenty of shows at Reggies through the years, there were a lot of new faces, i.e. out of towners. Would these out of towners gone to see just one of them? Not many in my estimation.
I would not.

Is it time for WIDOW to play Ragnarokkr? ;)

I know...I have suggested them twice now. As anyone who has done shows know...your dream line up changes so much in the few months and you forget bands then realize some other ones when it is too late. This year it was all booked and two name acts wanted on but there was no room or money....sucks having to turn that away.

update for the 2015 show

Line up so far...

Mainstage

- Nuclear Assault ( headliner )
- Attacker
- Q5
- Ostrogoth ( first US show ever )
- High Spirits
- Salem's Wych ( reunion show )
- Dantesco
- Skelator
- Eternal Champion
- Aftermath
- Vatican ( reunion show )
- Satan's Hallow
- Zuul

Second stage

- Savage Master
- Coven 13
- Lightning Lord
- Beyond Fallen
- Moros Nyx
- Hessian
- Walpyrgus

Warlord got moved to 2016 due to conflicts with the date. A few more mainstage acts will also be getting announced as well soon. Date is now May 1st and 2nd.

https://www.facebook.com/RagnarokkrMetal