Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse 2014

Show is this friday and saturday for any locals in Chicago...or any out of towners as well!!

Friday night is...

RIOT V ( first U.S. appearance with new line up)
Picture ( first U.S. show ever )
The Skull listening party...songs from the new album plus a some surprises
Axxion ( first U.S. show)
Diamond Rexx - classic hard rock 80s metal
Night Demon
Amulance
secret band

on the second stage....
Power Theory
Lady Beast
Dark Design
Dogbane
Skull Hammer
Iron Will

saturday is....

Steve Grimmett's GRIM REAPER with Nick Bowcott on guitar for the first time in decades
Voltax (from Mexico )
Argus
Black Death Resurrected ( siki from Black Death )
Crowhaven
Axemaster
Witches Mark
Visigoth ( just signed to Metal Blade)

second stage

Ravish
Seax
Possessor
Eternal Champion
Midnite Hellion
Spare Change
Razor Fist

Leather Leone from Chastain as guest MC as well. Lots of raffles on rare vinyl and a signed guitar by all the band members too.

1558388_617186731695828_1198185210_n.jpg

RIOT V ( first U.S. appearance with new line up)
The Skull listening party...songs from the new album plus a some surprises
Night Demon
Amulance

Steve Grimmett's GRIM REAPER with Nick Bowcott on guitar for the first time in decades
Argus
Witches Mark
Visigoth ( just signed to Metal Blade)

These make me happy in the pants!
Hope some others will impress too who I am just not yet familiar with.

there is a cool site called YouTube...check it out.

Actually, I am the opposite.

If there is a band I am not too familiar with and I know I am gonna see them live I would rather first experience them live.

Sure, I have checked out a few of the others, and such.

If a band doesn't do it for me live I don't care how they sound recorded.

Fest sold out at the door. First night was amazing....all the bands were great. Looking forward to the second night....very few walk up tickets available.

It was a great fest .. night 2 was awesome. Black Death really helped pick the energy level up a ton, and the rest of the bands were able to carry it thru the rest of the evening. Grim Reaper was awesome. Crowds were great each night. I'm not sure if night two was quite a sellout, but Reggie's was pretty much packed with metal heads.

Bob, you and the promoters did an excellent job all around ... nice fest. Hopefully it will continue to grow, as Chicago needs some serious festivals. I'll be back again, and hopefully I can get some friends to come along next time.

Britt

It was a great fest .. night 2 was awesome. Black Death really helped pick the energy level up a ton, and the rest of the bands were able to carry it thru the rest of the evening. Grim Reaper was awesome. Crowds were great each night. I'm not sure if night two was quite a sellout, but Reggie's was pretty much packed with metal heads.

Bob, you and the promoters did an excellent job all around ... nice fest. Hopefully it will continue to grow, as Chicago needs some serious festivals. I'll be back again, and hopefully I can get some friends to come along next time.

Britt

there was actually more people there on saturday than friday. I was shocked myself.

Was thrilled it all turned out great with no real drama.

It was great to see you again!!

Awesome experience all around. The bands were great, the energy was high, and it was cool seeing so many people I only otherwise know online. Grim Reaper, Riot and Picture were everything I had hoped for, and I was completely blown away by newer bands Night Demon and Visigoth.

Glad to hear it was successful...........I would have loved to gone to see Riot V, but with this weekend being a Dream Theater and Iced Earth weekend, it would have been way too much. Very glad it sold out.

Glad to hear it was successful...........I would have loved to gone to see Riot V, but with this weekend being a Dream Theater and Iced Earth weekend, it would have been way too much. Very glad it sold out.

yeah it was a crazy weekend for shows. Even the club was worried for a while about the amount of metal shows that weekend but it all worked out in the end. Lot's of out of towners went to Iced Earth last night so they made it a weekend of shows.

thanks......it was odd to see so many people in there. Mike who runs the whole fest even said...our pre party hang out event had more people there than paying people the first year.

I missed last year's event, but the difference between the 2012 and 2014 event was huge in terms of organization, presentation, caliber of bands, etc. It's really good to see the event improving so dramatically.

Plus it's just really cool to know an event headlined by Riot and Grim Reaper can bring in 400+ people.