Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse 2014

The other bad thing with Gates is they were playing a month before Days of the Doomed. It was a bad booking all around for them.

Unlike Bob, I am not a complete a-hole and won't bash something out of spite or divulge inside information. Bottom line, booking Gates was a godsend for the fest, but Bob or Odin won't ever admit it, and use Gates as a scapegoat against doom metal in general.

I don't care at all that both don't like doom. Just unfair to hold it against Gates. They were an oddball band in the lineup to begin with, and as previously reported, went on overlapping both WinterHawk and Borrowed Time, who were the top two biggest attractions on the second stage.

Unlike Bob, I am not a complete a-hole and won't bash something out of spite or divulge inside information. Bottom line, booking Gates was a godsend for the fest, but Bob or Odin won't ever admit it, and use Gates as a scapegoat against doom metal in general.

I don't care at all that both don't like doom. Just unfair to hold it against Gates. They were an oddball band in the lineup to begin with, and as previously reported, went on overlapping both WinterHawk and Borrowed Time, who were the top two biggest attractions on the second stage.

You do realize I am agreeing with you in terms of them not being a scapegoat for doom, right? Bottom line is they had too many things working against them in terms of draw at the fest.

Argus is on this year though and I think will change people's perspectives on doom.

thank you for the next chapter in my book of Jason quotes.

thank you for the next chapter in my book of Jason quotes.

Cool, I will autograph copies of it for you too!

As I said, you are simply incorrect in always comparing Doom in general as being good for the fest to how Gates went over, considering the various circumstances regarding why they were there in the first place.

As usual, you have nothing to combat this with since you know I am 100% correct on this.

You do realize I am agreeing with you in terms of them not being a scapegoat for doom, right?

Yeah, I know that man........

Still, for what it was, Gates was not as poor of a booking as Bob suggests.

There is a silver lining though!!!!!
Since Gates are defunct, they will never be suggested again!! HA!

Yeah, I know that man........

Still, for what it was, Gates was not as poor of a booking as Bob suggests.

There is a silver lining though!!!!!
Since Gates are defunct, they will never be suggested again!! HA!

the only reason this battle still rages is because for some odd reason you want some weird credit points for getting them. Sure it was a name band. There were also a few others who could have easily filled the slot. Mike just wanted the one who was ready. Mike / Chris who run the fest are not fans of doom. They are very open about it. Mike even asked me if it was a good idea and I even stood behind you on it. I was the guy who got Argus on the show this year. The point is you act like this was some crowned jewel that you bought to the king or something.

Sooner or later, any thread that involves the Chicago Posse...

tree.gif

the only reason this battle still rages is because for some odd reason you want some weird credit points for getting them. Sure it was a name band. There were also a few others who could have easily filled the slot. Mike just wanted the one who was ready. Mike / Chris who run the fest are not fans of doom. They are very open about it. Mike even asked me if it was a good idea and I even stood behind you on it. I was the guy who got Argus on the show this year. The point is you act like this was some crowned jewel that you bought to the king or something.

100% incorrect there bud.....
I never gloated or even discussed that I contacted them to play.
It was a quick "name band" replacement who could come on short notice, being only a few hours away. Nothing more, nothing less........

Booking Gates of Slumber in Chicago, IL is not exactly landing "gold", considering how often they play here.

Let's face it. You are happy that the core crowd (understandably so), chose the bands in the Joint over Gates, because now bashing Gates is your "go to" whenever it comes up.

Sure, Argus was booked, but overall, if another band was brought up, your constant reply is , "Doom doesn't draw, remember Gates"?

Nah, MDF was never a death metal only festival. It never really had a niche. Prog bands like Alarum and Cynic, and also a lot of hardcore, crossover, powerviolence, and grind bands have been booked even before the fest started getting the numbers it did. In fact, there were quite a few years where people would bitch to the promoters on their forum about changing the name. This was long before 2007 when the fest started bringing in "big" bands.

There is a genre called "powerviolence?" That sounds intense.

They were huge..
Kinda like how WEEKEND NACHOS are now,just kinda blew up word of mouth......

I dunno if one would consider them "powerviolence", esp lyrically, but the band close to this soundwise that I like the most is LOS CRUDOS.

Never was too big into Spazz and stuff like that. I did used to like some crust stuff, primarily DOOM and AUS ROTTEN.