Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse 2014

for anyone interested....Chicago April 4th and 5th at Reggies Rock club...two stages.

main stage -

Steve Grimmet's Grim Reaper ( headliner )
Riot V ( Headliner )
Picture ( first US show ever )
Hallows Eve ( classic first three album set )
Voltax
Argus
Night Demon
Axxion
Black Death Resurrected
Visigoth
Crowhaven
Axemaster
Idolatry ( playing 3rd Devastation album )
Witches Mark

Second Stage - ( smaller stage in the bar area )
Midnite Hellion
Seax
Dogbane
Iron Will
Power Theory
Eternal Champion
Possessor
Dark Design
Skull Hammer
Spare Change

there is still two more main stage acts coming and three more second stage acts coming.

Aside from Grim Reaper and Hallows Eve, I've literally never heard of any of the other bands at all. :lol: Goes to show how much I know of this subgenre.

Seriously! :lol:

Well there isn't any prog or even really any power metal this year so maybe not your thing. In the past those styles have cleared the room here. Figured with you booking tours and dealing with different stuff you would have at least come across some of these bands.

Surprised you have never heard of Riot? They have been around for over 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, you yourself say almost daily that next year's lineup appeals to just the core crowd. Why are you shocked that most here wouldnt know most of the bands on the lineup?

Sure, Grim Reaper and Riot are legendary bands, but many of the others are extremely underground bands who have been around for only a few years.

Riot will be a game changer (hopefully) and will bring in some new blood to the fest

Aside from Grim Reaper and Hallows Eve, I've literally never heard of any of the other bands at all. :lol: Goes to show how much I know of this subgenre.

Not surprised. It is niche. Shocked you haven't heard of Argus, though not surprised they wouldn't be your thing. They've even been mentioned on here a few times.

Argus is probably the band I am looking forward to the most.

While I love Riot and Grim Reaper, I will take each for what they are.
Will still be great to see.