VIP doors: 5:30pm, Doors: 6:30pm, Show: 7pm
Ghost in the Ruins, Question of Madness, Zuul,
Skullview coming out of retirement for one night only,
Obsession with the great Michael Vescera
October 1, 2011
VIP doors: 4pm, Doors: 5:30pm, Show: 6pm
Iron Finger, Furnaze, Catalano, Sacred Oath,
Helstar for their only Midwest appearance,
Cage performing songs off their new album, Supremacy of Steel.

VIPs will also hear the new Cage album before the show. There are only 10 or so spots left.
http://ragnarokkrmetal.com/tickets.html

Get some new material.
Or, and better yet, come back when you actually have listened to a Savatage album
(and don't say you have, because you haven't)

Is Skullview really coming out of retirement? I know they are not a big active band but I know they play shows every once in a while. Didnt know they called it a day.

I like what I hear from Obsession.

Well, there you go. At least you are saying something positive about the festival.

I don't know much about Skullview at all, other than what Mike has said about them coming out of retirement.

You seriously can not get down with this:

or

Or is it that you have something against the Mountain King:
m_8ce5942089264ddf9fdf67fcfd3bdf14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just dont like Savatage....the songs you posted were Meh at best. There is something about them from way back that has always bugged me and I still dont think that they are that good of a band. I think the only reason and you have said this before is the love from the ProgPower forum. Without that they would be as forgotten about as many other 80's US bands.

Could be. Look, I am not going to lie.
Until I joined GITR, I was only familiar at length with the early material, and more of the better known songs from beyond Mountain King, like Gutter Ballet, etc.

I have become a huge Zak fanboy, as there are two Zak albums which to me are absolutely brilliant, in Handful of Rain and Wake of Magellan.

Anyhow, I have no issues that you don't care for Savatage. Fair enough. Not sure why you have to bring it up EVERY day, esp in a thread which was created to promote the festival.

Could be. Look, I am not going to lie.
Until I joined GITR, I was only familiar at length with the early material, and more of the better known songs from beyond Mountain King, like Gutter Ballet, etc.

I have become a huge Zak fanboy, as there are two Zak albums which to me are absolutely brilliant, in Handful of Rain and Wake of Magellan.

Anyhow, I have no issues that you don't care for Savatage. Fair enough. Not sure why you have to bring it up EVERY day, esp in a thread which was created to promote the festival.

I mention it since you are the one who brings it up every thread.