Rakosh Radio is on the air!

Rakosh

Jan 15, 2004
Decatur, GA
www.geocities.com
Rakosh Radio – Power & Progressive Metal…and random oddities
The 24/7 All Power and Progressive Metal Internet Radio Station!!
-- Featuring bands performing at ProgPower USA I-V --

As a service to the ProgPower community, I’d like to announce that Rakosh Radio is on the air! This internet radio station has been created to provide the community with a source to sample the music of bands that have been featured over the years at the nation’s premier metal festival ProgPower USA.

About Rakosh (the person): I’ve been a fan of metal of all types for over 20 years, and I’ve been a lurker/member of the ProgPower Forum since I moved to Atlanta and discovered the festival two years ago. I figured it was time to give something back to the community I’ve been so entertained by. Rakosh Radio is a new hobby for me, so it may be a little rough around the edges at first, so feel free to email or post your suggestions--I'll welcome any comments. It’s always free to listen, but it’s not completely free to run the service, so donations (through the Rakosh Radio website and PayPal) will always gratefully be accepted, but never mandatory. My plan right now is to only advertise the station in the ProgPower Forum to insure enough open connections for its members. Who knows—if it becomes popular enough and fiscally feasible, I’ll try to expand to accommodate more listeners.

Disclaimers (of a sort): Rakosh Radio is a hobby of mine, and as such, has no official connection to ProgPower USA or its website—so don’t bug Glenn or Deron if there’s something you don’t like about it.

The Details:
Email: rakoshradio@yahoo.com
Station URL: rs4.radiostreamer.com:8350

It is highly recommended to listen via WinAmp and to view the website with Internet Explorer in 1024x768 resolution.

Finally—Thanks to Ashaman7122 for helping to test and providing content.
:Smokin:

Thanks for the good word, man!

To the masses -- I've gotta say...I've known Rakosh for years, and I know what a worthless, incapable dumbass he is (sorry, couldn't resist)...but he's really on to something here.

I work out of the house, and I've been listening for the past few days and providing completely unbiased constructive criticism (right!) and the consensus is...THIS ROCKS!

Good job brother...rock on!

I thought I would give everyone a taste of what Rakosh Radio is playing...

Currently in rotation:
Adagio - Underworld
Angra - Holy Land
Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera
Brainstorm - Soul Temptation
Circle II Circle - Watching In Silence
Dreamscape - End of Silence
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Kamelot - Epica
Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Pain of Salvation - 12:5 (selected tracks)
Savatage - Poets and Madmen
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight
Wuthering Heights - Far from the Madding Crowd

Tune in and let me know what you think! Thank you to all of you who have already tuned in--you've made this a fun little project!

I'll update the playlists as new bands/albums are added.

I like it.. I've been wanting to do something like that for a while now (not your exact idea which I'm listening to now and \m/ to you), I just would like to have a seperate PC set aside just for that purpose.

Good job, and I'll be listening at work a lot, just don't tell anyone.

Creeps said:
I just would like to have a seperate PC set aside just for that purpose.
Yeah, that's exactly what I've done...my old PC was just sitting around rarely being used, so I dedicated it to the cause.

Creeps said:
Good job, and I'll be listening at work a lot, just don't tell anyone.
Thanks for the support Creeps!

Rakosh Radio has added the following to the rotation:

Gamma Ray - Blast From The Past
Reading Zero - (selected tracks)
Nightwish - (selected tracks)
Savatage - From The Gutter To The Stage
Threshold - Critical Mass
Zero Hour - The Towers Of Avarice

I'll probably keep updating once or twice a week until I run out of ProgPower bands' cds (or disc space!). Plus, I'll add some non-PP "random oddities" as the mood strikes.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome--and thanks to everyone tuning in!

Rakosh Radio has added more to the rotation:

Angel Dust - Enlighten The Darkness
Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion
Onward - Reawaken
Rage - Soundchaser

...plus a handful of those non-ProgPower random oddities.

There's now over 28 hours of ProgPower goodness coursing through the net--Thanks again for listening!

Rakosh Radio has added yet more to the rotation:

Angra - Rebirth
Brainstorm - Metus Mortis
Edguy - Mandrake
Jag Panzer - Thane To The Throne
Power of Omens - (selected tracks)
Tad Morose - Matters Of The Dark
Vanden Plas - Far Off Grace

...plus a ton of random oddities from the ProgPower USA Showcase Samplers III & IV.

Now there's almost 40 hours of power & progressive goodness just for you--so tune in already!

Thanks, as always!

Rakosh Radio keeps expanding like a supermodel on a doughnut bender:

Angel Dust - Of Human Bondage
Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle-Earth
Evergrey - Recreation Day
Poverty's No Crime - The Chemical Chaos
Symphony X - V:The New Mythology Suite
Tad Morose - Undead

...and the first addition to what I like to call the "Respect the Elders" series:

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II

Thanks for listening, as always!