Rakosh Radio is on the air!

It’s side-project day!! Newly added:

Demons & Wizards – Demons & Wizards (tie in with Hansi Kursch of Blind Guardian)
Iron Savior – Iron Savior (tie in with Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray)
Masterplan – Masterplan (tie in with Jorn Lande of Ark)…and yes, I know Masterplan is the main gig now.
Tobias Sammet – Avantasia: The Metal Opera (tie in with Edguy)

“Respect the Elders”

Iron Maiden – Piece Of Mind (the first Maiden album I owned…and I think the most underrated of the classic era)

Your humble metal monster,
:Smokin:

Rakosh said:
Iron Savior – Iron Savior (tie in with Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray)
Hey, as long as you're going to point out that Masterplan is Lande's main gig now, you'd best point out that his awesome band is, was, and foreseeably will be Piet Sielck's main gig and that Kai was just giving him a hand with it, not making a side project. Also, as far as progpower tie-ins, you chose the Iron Savior album that has Thomas Stauch of Blind Guardian on drums.

Ryan (and hey, that was fucking awesome of you to bring that book by for me. try to catch me when i'm actually there next time! :hotjump: )

Se7enChurches said:
Hey, as long as you're going to point out that Masterplan is Lande's main gig now, you'd best point out that his awesome band is, was, and foreseeably will be Piet Sielck's main gig and that Kai was just giving him a hand with it, not making a side project. Also, as far as progpower tie-ins, you chose the Iron Savior album that has Thomas Stauch of Blind Guardian on drums.
Good points! Yeah, I was in a hurry when I posted, so I missed that. I meant to write "It's side-project day (sort of)!!". And it had been a while since I listened to that first Iron Savior, so I forgot Stauch played on it, too.

Se7enChurches said:
Ryan (and hey, that was fucking awesome of you to bring that book by for me. try to catch me when i'm actually there next time! :hotjump: )
No problem! I'm still waiting on the newest Repairman Jack book to come in, so when it does, I'll shoot you a copy. It's cool to find other RJ fans out there. By the way, I found the new Opeth and Queensryche DVDs dirt cheap at your store, so I'll definitely be back to find more bargains.

Thanks to everyone for listening, but for now the station will be on- and off-air intermittently for about a week and a half. I'm on the road and of course, as soon as I turn my back, something screws up back at home where the signal originates. So, whenever I hit a hotel with a high-speed connection, I'll make sure something's streaming from the backup on my laptop. Hopefully, that will mean downtime for only a few hours each day, so if you can't connect, just try again a little later.

BTW--Rakosh Radio went Top 40 over the weekend! ...No, not musically...RR peaked at #35 on Saturday of the most popular METAL stations on the SHOUTCast servers (highest ranking yet!). It may have been a slow day, but I'll take it!

It's great to finally have something to listen to at work that doesn't require going through 6 or 7 popups an hour and several annoying commercials just to hear good music. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. :worship:

Wolfhaven said:
It's great to finally have something to listen to at work that doesn't require going through 6 or 7 popups an hour and several annoying commercials just to hear good music. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. :worship:
Thank YOU, Wolfhaven! Sorry everything's on the blink this week...guess you'll actually have to do some work. :loco: Seriously, though, I do appreciate the comments.

OK, I'm parked in Tampa until Sunday with what seems to be a good connection, so music should be flowing until I have to pick up and drive to Miami...where I hope to be able to set up again until Tuesday. So, in the meantime...Enjoy!

Rather than find a theme, I'm adding a few of my latest acquisitions. Hope you enjoy!

Ark - Burn The Sun
Ayreon - The Human Equation (Disc 1 & 2)
Symphorce - Twice Second
Therion - Lemuria
Therion - Sirius B

...and two more "Elders"

Dio - The Very Beast of Dio
Tesla - Into The Now (since there had been some chatter in the forum)

Thanks again, and sorry for the up & down nature of the station lately. Things should get back to normal later in the week.

I am trying to stream right now, but no luck! I'll defo add you to my favs as you have quite the setlist as well as a couple of bands I've been wanting to hear before dishing out the $$$

;)

Pabla said:
I am trying to stream right now, but no luck! I'll defo add you to my favs as you have quite the setlist as well as a couple of bands I've been wanting to hear before dishing out the $$$

;)
Yeah, things are a little sketchy at the moment, but thanks for tuning in! Things should get better when I get off the backup.

Pellaz said:
Great playlists! Add some Superior and Devin Townsend (both are ProgPower USA alumni). \m/
Thanks, man! I plan to have something by ALL ProgPower bands eventually...I'm not as familiar with Superior or Devin Townsend, so they've been lower on the priority list--but I'll get them soon! I've listened to WREKage a few times now, so I know you guys are big on Devin. :D

Heh, well.... I was Devy's co-sponsor two years ago, so I have an excuse. As it happens, Daniel, one of the new deejays, is a really big Devy fan, so he's being well-represented. Devy's a great guy, IMHO, and deserves it. :D

(If only he wouldn't swear so much on his SYL stuff. :cry: )

Pellaz said:
Heh, well.... I was Devy's co-sponsor two years ago, so I have an excuse. As it happens, Daniel, one of the new deejays, is a really big Devy fan, so he's being well-represented. Devy's a great guy, IMHO, and deserves it. :D

(If only he wouldn't swear so much on his SYL stuff. :cry: )
By the way, Pellaz, which of Townsend's albums would you recommend I add to the station? ...preferably one(s) that fit the format best...

Definitely the Ocean Machine CD, and I'd also go with Terria and Infinity. Others may differ. :Spin:

If you can get them, the two studio tracks, "Japan" and "Centipede" at the end of the SYL live CD (No Sleep 'Til Bedtime) are also great -- they are officially SYL tracks, but have a solo-projectish air. :)

Pellaz said:
Definitely the Ocean Machine CD, and I'd also go with Terria and Infinity. Others may differ. :Spin:

If you can get them, the two studio tracks, "Japan" and "Centipede" at the end of the SYL live CD (No Sleep 'Til Bedtime) are also great -- they are officially SYL tracks, but have a solo-projectish air. :)
Thanks for the reply, man! I'll try to check them out soon.

Hey man!...

You suck!

Seriously...your station kicks fucking ass...

But you still suck...

Just thought you would want to know...

Rock on!