Rakosh Radio is on the air!

Rakosh said:
Thanks to everyone for listening, but for now the station will be on- and off-air intermittently for about a week and a half. I'm on the road and of course, as soon as I turn my back, something screws up back at home where the signal originates. So, whenever I hit a hotel with a high-speed connection, I'll make sure something's streaming from the backup on my laptop. Hopefully, that will mean downtime for only a few hours each day, so if you can't connect, just try again a little later.

BTW--Rakosh Radio went Top 40 over the weekend! ...No, not musically...RR peaked at #35 on Saturday of the most popular METAL stations on the SHOUTCast servers (highest ranking yet!). It may have been a slow day, but I'll take it!

:Smokin:
I logged on for a while last night. I really appreciate your effore Rakosh !! Great job. I will probably log on tomorrow night as well. Not tonight as I am in an "oldschool mood" and can't get the Accept out of player but hey they are Acceptions to the rule (yeah pitiful play on words there) as after twenty years of listening to them, they are the ONLY band of that are I have never burnt out on at some point. How this became an Accept plug I will never know. I guess my brain is tired as it is my bedtime. :loco:

Bryant

ashaman7122 said:
Hey man!...

You suck!

Seriously...your station kicks fucking ass...

But you still suck...

Just thought you would want to know...

Rock on!
:loco: ...yeah, with friends like you, who needs advertising? (Are you sure you don't work in marketing?) :D

Bryant said:
I logged on for a while last night. I really appreciate your effore Rakosh !! Great job. I will probably log on tomorrow night as well. Not tonight as I am in an "oldschool mood" and can't get the Accept out of player but hey they are Acceptions to the rule (yeah pitiful play on words there) as after twenty years of listening to them, they are the ONLY band of that are I have never burnt out on at some point. How this became an Accept plug I will never know. I guess my brain is tired as it is my bedtime. :loco:

Bryant
Thanks Bryant! Maybe you can work your powers of persuasion on the Old School board to get them to tune in. :) I'm still kinda a lurker over there, and I know how well Hawk responds to perceived spam :D . Maybe I'll add some Accept soon as one of the "Elders."

Get some sleep!

It's been a while, so here's some stuff to freshen up the playlist:

Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden (Hey, it's July 4th...I'm feeling patriotic)
Ion Vein - Reigning Memories
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
Stratovarius - Infinite

Hopefully real life won't get in the way this week and I'll add some more later. (Got some Devin Townsend supposedly on its way in the mail) :Spin:

Well, the promised Devin Townsend is up now (that means tune in, Pellaz :D ), and in between weird internet outages, I got a few other albums logged in:

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine Biomech
The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution
Evergrey - In Search of Truth

And another "Elder"...at least in my mind:

King Diamond - The Puppet Master

Keep the suggestions coming!

Ok, first of all I want to thank everyone who has tuned in these last couple months. All the comments and suggestions have been great! So, I've decided to keep this little project going indefinitely and start expanding in various ways. The first priority was to get some more storage space! That's done so here's a big update to the rotation:

Angel Dust - Bleed
Angra - Angels Cry
Angra - Fireworks
Balance of Power - Perfect Balance
Balance of Power - Heathen Machine
Destiny's End - Breathe Deep the Dark
Edguy - The Savage Poetry
Edguy - Kingdom of Madness
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera
Evergrey - The Dark Discovery
Evergrey - Solitude Dominance Tragedy
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare
Kamelot - Siege Perilous
Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy
Kamelot - Karma
Lost Horizon - Awakening The World
Mercenary - Everblack
Onward - Evermoving
Pagan's Mind - Infinity Divine
Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1
Pink Cream 69 - Thunderdome
Rough Silk - Walls of Never
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild
Threshold - Psychedelicatessen
Threshold - Hypothetical
TOC - Loss Angeles
Zero Hour - Metamorphosis

Two more "Elders" of a kind:
Accept - various "best of" tracks
U.D.O. - various "best of" tracks

As you can see, it's still heavily ProgPower influenced, so the mission remains! Now on to the next step...

...where did I put that HTML for Dummies book?...

Rakosh said:
Well, the promised Devin Townsend is up now (that means tune in, Pellaz :D ), and in between weird internet outages, I got a few other albums logged in:

Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine Biomech
The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution
Evergrey - In Search of Truth
Cool, three winners there! (the first is my favorite CD of all time) BTW, I forgot to mention the DTB cd when I replied earlier, so I'm glad you got it anyway. :)

Pellaz said:
Cool, three winners there! (the first is my favorite CD of all time) BTW, I forgot to mention the DTB cd when I replied earlier, so I'm glad you got it anyway. :)
Yeah, I heard a few samples of Accelerated Evolution online and thought I should check it out fully, too. Devin is growing on me...:D

By the way, it was cool of you guys to play one of the new Threshold songs on WREKage Friday night. I can't wait to get a copy!

I gotta say...love the new site...love the non-stop barrage of some of the best metal on the planet...

You're really on to something, buddy!

With the state of modern radio, it's good to have a dedicated few that are willing to put some good tunes out for the metal masses. Anyone who's a fan of the PPUSA festival and this forum should be tuning in for this! You will not be disappointed...

Rock on!

Hey everybody,

The folks at Inside Out America were kind enough to supply me with a promo of the new Threshold album today, so I wanted to spread the love to the best metal community out there--you people!

Thursday, July 22, at 8pm eastern Rakosh Radio will premiere the entire album on the station.
And let me tell you--there's not a bad song on it! (Blatant plug now) Check out the Events section of the new (hopefully improved) website for full details. And if this goes well, I might have a few more things up my sleeve in the coming weeks.​
Thanks!​
:Smokin:​