Ralph Gone?

deicide_alex

Killer of All Posers
Feb 14, 2004
Ohio
Earache Records has issued the following press release:

DEICIDE and Ralph Santolla have mutually parted ways. A skilled guitarist, Santolla will be wished well in his future endeavors. Deicide will continue on with their new guitarist who will be named at a later date.

Deicide’s latest live DVD release, Doomsday L.A. is in stores now and available on Earache.com.

Date: 2007-05-25
As Reported by: jason

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/497/8744/Deicide.html

i hope this is not trueo_O :zombie: :ill:

Aw FOR FUCK SAKE! I could see this coming from day one. Santolla was too much of a normal guy to work with Benton for long.

Just as they make their best album ever, they implode again. Fuck me, after seeing the latest Anthrax news, metal is just depressing me.

^Jack can still bring the cool solos for the next album, I'm really anticipating what the next Deicide album will be like, bringing in Dave Suzuki would be a very good move if they get a new guitarist.

Jack isn't half the guitarist Ralph is, if you've seen them live or seen the Doomsday in LA DVD you'll know what I mean. Jack is boring as fuck on stage, yet despite the fact he hardly moves he still manages to play his solos badly. Ralph on the other hand was interesting to watch and played his solos superbly.
Aw fuck it.
And I don't think Suzuki would be a good choice either, Icons of Evil is hardly a shred-fest. The most interesting solo on it is a cover of a Malmsteen one.

I'm sure the music on the next album will be great, since Steve will come up with some great stuff, but Ralph took them to another level altogether.

^I like Suzuki's guitar style, I've been listening to a lot of Vital Remains's new CD recently and the melodic solos/leads and sweeps are very good, there's not much shredding like on The Stench of Redemption but a good lead is a good lead, the search to finding a lead guitarist for Deicide will probably not be someone similar to Ralph, I have a feeling Dave Suzuki will be Deicide's new lead player.

Why would Suzuki leave HIS own band to join Deicide? It wouldn't make sense, I mean it's not like Deicide are a stadium band who would set him up for life financially, so why bother?

Deicide will probably eventually end up with the Hoffmans again, as they all seem to be headcases.
Whatever, as long as they keep making great albums I'll keep buying them!

^I wasn't referring to Suzuki leaving Vital Remains, he could still pull a double like Glen does. I like the Hoffmans old riffs and solos anyways myself, if they end up with them again so be it. The solos on Scars of The Crucifix and Once Upon The Cross the songs were very good. I am anticipating what the next Deicide CD will be like, I also wonder whether we'll get a new Deicide CD next year. I need to get more Deicide CD's myself, I only have the newest ne The Stench of Redemption but I liked the old songs I heard too, particularly the ones were Glen is actually doing a low growl.

^Yeah, I know Insinyrhythm and In, Torment In, Hell have a bad reputation, but some of Glen's best vocals are on those CD's, I don't know what happened between there and Serpents of The Lights but Glen's growls suddenly started sounding deeper and great, I like the ones on Once Upon The Cross and Serpents of The Light too, but Glen's vocals got better with age I think.
It just seems like me and you Stormwatch are the only people keeping this forum, what a sad situation, 2 people keeping the Deicide forum alive.

^Yeah, I know Insinyrhythm and In, Torment In, Hell have a bad reputation, but some of Glen's best vocals are on those CD's, I don't know what happened between there and Serpents of The Lights but Glen's growls suddenly started sounding deeper and great, I like the ones on Once Upon The Cross and Serpents of The Light too, but Glen's vocals got better with age I think.
It just seems like me and you Stormwatch are the only people keeping this forum, what a sad situation, 2 people keeping the Deicide forum alive.

Yeah I know what you mean. Where the fuck are all the Deicide fans? Even Jack Owen can't be arsed posting in here any more. :erk:

^I wasn't referring to Suzuki leaving Vital Remains, he could still pull a double like Glen does. I like the Hoffmans old riffs and solos anyways myself, if they end up with them again so be it.

Glenn Hardly keeps up with the goings on in Vital Remains. He does not always tour with them (and I remember some time ago talk of him not doing the last VR album although he did in the end).

Have you seen any other sources for the story of Ralph Sontalla leaving Deicide. I just find it strange that it was not even posted on the Earache site. Had a quick look on the Obituary site and nothing announcing him joining the band, only posts about him helping with recording the album and touring at the end of the year.

Deicide will probably eventually end up with the Hoffmans again, as they all seem to be headcases.
Whatever, as long as they keep making great albums I'll keep buying them![/quote]

As much as Glenn has bashed the Hoffman brothers in the press, I dont think they will ever return to Deicide, they hate each other too much.