Random Music related steals

biggs0072000

Who drops crackers?
Apr 1, 2006
Albany, Ga
While I was in Atlanta for the Blind Guardian show, we found a Tower Records that was going out of business, and as a result, all albums were at least 60% off the retail price :OMG:

So, my question is, What is the best random steal that you've gotten for any kind of music-related item?

I have to say paying less than $7 for Orphaned Land's Marbool (With the accoustic second disc) this weekend counts for me. Also getting Angel Dust's "Border of Reality" and Jag Panzer's "Thane to the Throne" also qualifies. =D

I have bought over 25 cd's/dvd from Dynasty Metal Music's closing sale this past week. Great steals since most of the items they have are imports that I don't find in any local or chain music stores and I couldn't pass them up for the prices. Got some limited edition stuff that has been out of print like the Ayreon boxset and the Aina boxset with dvd. I also picked up the Brainstorm limited edition with dvd of "Liquid Monster". There is a link to their website in the LINKS section under "Vendors" so check it out, you will probably find a ton of stuff you want.

I had a nearly identical experience in New Orleans. While waiting for the Blind Guardian show, my friends and I stumbled upon a Tower Records shop. It was almost completely stripped of everything already; however, this was one of the occasions that metal's relative unpopularity in the US was a very good thing, as there was a healthy supply of metal still in stock. I was able to pick up Pagan's Mind's "Enigmatic: Calling," Bal-Sagoth's "The Cthonic Chronicles," and !T.O.O.H.!'s "Order and Punishment" for a total of sixteen dollars.

I bought Atheist's "Elements" for $4.99, Powermad's "Absolute Power" for $7.99, and the 1990 s/t Trouble for $8.99, on a trip to Portland/Seattle about 4 years ago.

"Elements" has since been reissued, but I've seen all these discs go for anywhere between $20 and $80 a piece....

I was in a Hastings and found Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast" picture disc for 7 dollars. Does that qualify?

Me and Pellaz raided Tower in Atlanta on Saturday, I made off with several CDs. I am still extremely bummed about Tower going under, high prices and all. I've been going to Atlanta's Tower for well over a decade (starting when it was down the street in a different location). I can't underestimate how influential Tower was in getting me acquainted with new bands long before the intraweb made it easy. :salute:

I usually take advantage of the $5 discs at cd inzane whenever I make a purchase. Picked up Blind Stare, Fairyland, Dark Empire, and a handfull of others for that price.
I would be taking advantage of the dynasty sale but my credit card is way too high w/ 2 weeks still left on this cycle.

I am an avid used cd shopper, It's kinda like the thrill of the hunt for me. I have had tons of good deals over the years. I got PoS, perfect element for $1 in a bargain bin. I found Angra's Freedom Call for under 5 in a used New Age section also. That's two steals for me off the top of my head.