random thoughts of the day

I'm trying to avoid any website where people will post the results of UFC106 cause I am about to go watch it at my Dad's house... and don't want to know if Forrest Griffin won or lost yet.

Edit: Pretty good fight, but a bit anticlimactic. It'd be good for them to do one last fight.

Yes, I know..

And its not like I want to be a social worker. I want to be a manual theraapist and thats just part of the process.

What kind of manual therapist are you studying to be? I can tell you being the partner of one, that you're not alone in your thoughts. I think most of them feel this way in the beginning.

Edit: Pretty good fight, but a bit anticlimactic. It'd be good for them to do one last fight.

I can't believe his comments afterwards... when he said he was 100% at the start.. then omg my S or umm C 67 disc is bulging..:rolleyes:. and I have a cracked skull. Sore loser.:cry::cry:

@Noituudenaika
I study Physiotherapy for Bachelor and "manual therapy" is one of the specializations there. Can it get even more specialized? The school is not very talkative about it all until its time to chose (somewhere next year).
Yeah I guess thats something that just happens to you on that way..

@Noituudenaika
I study Physiotherapy for Bachelor and "manual therapy" is one of the specializations there. Can it get even more specialized? The school is not very talkative about it all until its time to chose (somewhere next year).
Yeah I guess thats something that just happens to you on that way..

Oh I thought you meant like some kind of physiotherapy (to me manual means hands?) or osteopathy, chiro, massage therapist. People that have been damaged for a long time want a quick fix where they don't have to put in any work, I mean they are paying you right? Wrong... there is no quick fix, or else noone would be suffering.

Well all physiotherapists are massage therapists but that's just one part of our profession. Yeah, manual means hands.

They always want that, that's true... but there is no quick fix. There are two things: your own skill and the will of the patient. And the latter is oh so often the problem. I can massage someone three times a week and provide some relief but unless he/she does adheir to a training that I can (and have to) prescribe nothing can change.. its always hard work.

Her ein the Netherlands the profession is growing into something pretty large. That's why I do a bachelor/master study and not a "simple" training. :)

I fail at every attempt at finding someone who could matter to me.

me too, i have the easiest time talking to girls and the hardest time asking one out

In 'n Out Burger is the shit...
Double Double with Animal Style Fries and a neopolitan milkshake

that sounds amazing, what are animal style fries? they sound hilarious

Goddamn I hate studying. At least today. Would be so much more tempting to clean my bathroom with a toothbrush.

me too, i spent about an hour on chemical thermodynamics, and then 2 more on inorganic chem, and every day will be the same for the next 3-4 weeks

Well all physiotherapists are massage therapists but that's just one part of our profession. Yeah, manual means hands.

They always want that, that's true... but there is no quick fix. There are two things: your own skill and the will of the patient. And the latter is oh so often the problem. I can massage someone three times a week and provide some relief but unless he/she does adheir to a training that I can (and have to) prescribe nothing can change.. its always hard work.

Her ein the Netherlands the profession is growing into something pretty large. That's why I do a bachelor/master study and not a "simple" training. :)

It's the same here.. I have been told I have "good hands" by a few therapists before but I think the whole patient thing is too draining for me to handle. I'm trying to get into forensic science at uni. Waiting to find out my score.

Do you also think that humans relying so much on computers these days attributes to a lot of pain disorders? Sitting down all day must be bringing out a new wave of computer related musculoskeletal dysfunction. You are totally right though, I had a sprain in my shoulder from overuse at work (checking film) and had to stop working for a few weeks to recover. I did the exercises that my osteopath gave me and it is gone. There is another guy here that had the same injury (from the same job) and he is still whinging 6 months later, he was also too lazy to do the exercises. :cry:

At least you know you will always have patients :D