Randy Rhoads

Söy

Not actually Soy
Aug 26, 2006
Today, March 19th 2007, is the 25th anniversary Randy Rhoads' death. Randy was killed in a horrible airplane accident. Please remember him today and everything he did for Heavy Metal and for guitarists everywhere. He was best known for his work with Ozzy Osbourne. You can hear Randy on "Blizzard Of Ozz"(1980), "Diary Of A Madman"(1981), and of course on Ozzy's homage to Randy, "Randy Rhoads Tribute"(1987). Before he worked with Ozzy, Randy co-founded Quiet Riot, releasing two albums. In the past 25 years, Randy's influence on guitar and music has been steadfast and unwavering. He was 25 years old when he died and would be 50 now.

Randall William Rhoads
(December 6, 1956 - March 19, 1982)

Randy Rhoads is a huge influence on my playing. It feels like an eternity ago that he died, but that's because I wasn't born when he died... Fuck.

Söy;5985303 said:
Today, March 19th 2007, is the 25th anniversary Randy Rhoads' death. Randy was killed in a horrible airplane accident. Please remember him today and everything he did for Heavy Metal and for guitarists everywhere. He was best known for his work with Ozzy Osbourne. You can hear Randy on "Blizzard Of Ozz"(1980), "Diary Of A Madman"(1981), and of course on Ozzy's homage to Randy, "Randy Rhoads Tribute"(1987). Before he worked with Ozzy, Randy co-founded Quiet Riot, releasing two albums. In the past 25 years, Randy's influence on guitar and music has been steadfast and unwavering. He was 25 years old when he died and would be 50 now.

Randall William Rhoads
(December 6, 1956 - March 19, 1982)

He died in a bus accident near stockholm.

I thought he died in a bus accident too until I wikipedia'd it. Wtf what a stupid way to die, horseplay... :rolleyes: Such a waste of a great talent and life.

Rest in Peace RR.

the weird part is that Leesburg, FL is not too far from where i grew up. My cocaine-addicted uncle lives there.

RR didn't influenced me in my playing... but he kicked some serious ass :kickass: