Rank the Testament albums

oops, forgot "souls". duh. put it before "the ritual".

TOTALLY CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEW ONE.....WITH SKOL IT'S GONNA BE INSANE.

Testament lack the sheer ferocity I look for in thrash (both 80s style and modern) metal. They are a decent band, and Alex Skolnick is a great guitar player, but somehow they lose some power in their riffing that I find much better in other bands.

Then again, I'm quite picky when it comes to thrash, I like what I like and dislike what I don't. I prefer east coast thrash (Anthrax, Overkill, Nuclear Assault)...and I definitely prefer German thrash (the big three: Sodom, Kreator, and the aforementioned Destruction).

All the bands I listed I prefer over Testament; just my preference.

Thanks for the replies. It's interesting to see how many people have Practice as their #1. And how many people have Ritual ranked kinda high.

And I agree with urayoan with Ritual being last but having Return To Serenity as one of my favorite Testament songs also.

I'll admit I haven't gotten to give all of them a good listen.
So I'll just give what I feel are the top ones.

Low (one of the best albums ever)
The Gathering ( hung out with them on that tour hehe)
Practice What Your Preach
Demonic.

why is souls of black so far back for all you folks! Falling Fast and all those songs are killer! I do say The new Order is number one but I'll take Souls of Black any day.....The Ritual is good, just a tad poppy..poppy for Testament that is....

lunatic:kickass:

It's not far back for me at all, because it is...

1. Souls Of Black
2. The New Order
3. Low
4. Practice What You Preach
5. The Ritual (melodic yet totally brilliant)
6. The Legacy
7. Demonic
8. The Gathering (I know everyone thinks it's the greatest due to the lineup, but aside from "Eyes Of Wrath", it's totall overrated, IMO)

Thank you Walter...I'll drink my next brew to you now!:headbang:

Seven days of May, Falling Fast, and The Legacy, ahhhhh

lunatic