"RAODS"......with Mike on Vox...ROadrunner United.

whenharlequinsfall said:
"Great song, better than that stuff he did on Ayreon "Human Equation"."

The Human equation is one of the best progressive or concept albums i have ever heard, i know its an aquired taste, but i think its fukn awesome.

Mikael only took part in that concept album, as did Devin Townsend, James LaBrie and other fine musicians. He was FEAR there...Human Equation is NOT related to Opeth music!

I like the song. 'Roadrunner United' was largely horrendous, but it had it's moments. This was one of them.

The DVD was hilarious. To quote Matt Heaffy:

'Black Metal is a special genre. Not anyone can write black metal. You can either write black metal or you can't. I can because I love it, and I'm lucky that way.'

Or something to that effect. And then, his "black-metal" song was the awful, generic 'Dawn Of A Golden Age', and he "hand-picked" Dani Filth to do the vocals.

What a total n00b :p

Liquid Diamonds said:
I like the song. 'Roadrunner United' was largely horrendous, but it had it's moments. This was one of them.

The DVD was hilarious. To quote Matt Heaffy:

'Black Metal is a special genre. Not anyone can write black metal. You can either write black metal or you can't. I can because I love it, and I'm lucky that way.'

Or something to that effect. And then, his "black-metal" song was the awful, generic 'Dawn Of A Golden Age', and he "hand-picked" Dani Filth to do the vocals.

What a total n00b :p

HAHAHAHA That is gold.

Yeah, what the hell people? This is a nice song with excellent vocal production. Not every song has to "go somewhere" imo. Sometimes a song maintains a mood, which I think this one does well enough. Is it as good as Opeth? No. But why would you expect it to be?

Can you imagine if Opeth did a bunch of solo albums like Kiss did back in the day? The Mendez album would be a riot, I think...

whenharlequinsfall said:
"Great song, better than that stuff he did on Ayreon "Human Equation"."

The Human equation is one of the best progressive or concept albums i have ever heard, i know its an aquired taste, but i think its fukn awesome.

Yes it is an acquired taste. In fact, I'd probably have to hit myself on the head six-hundred times with a giant hammer and suffer extensive brain damage to acquire it.

ashes_against_the_grain said:
Mikael only took part in that concept album, as did Devin Townsend, James LaBrie and other fine musicians. He was FEAR there...Human Equation is NOT related to Opeth music!
I know, just me making a bold critical statement. :) :mad: :heh: :Smug: :kickass: :rolleyes: :puke: :erk: :headbang::ill: :cool: :cry: :err: :OMG:

ashes_against_the_grain said:

i realise how the album was put together, i just think its a bloody great album with fukn impressive singers

metal_wrath said:
Great song, better than that stuff he did on Ayreon "Human Equation".
Ayreon's "Human Equation" is one of my faviroute lbums ever... and mike as "fear" on that album was brilliant.. but i guees we all have are own oppinions.

hibernal_dream said:
Yes it is an acquired taste. In fact, I'd probably have to hit myself on the head six-hundred times with a giant hammer and suffer extensive brain damage to acquire it.
YOUR A FUCKHEAD!!! let me guess.... your one of those fucken poser metal heads, who thinks metal is the only good type of music.

That's what the credits say... but I doubt any of them can play the cello so there's probably someone else

:Wreath: said:
That's what the credits say... but I doubt any of them can play the cello so there's probably someone else

Josh probably did the cello (and everything else) on his synth. He probably produced the vocals too.