Rapp-Metal Bands In Slump.......Limp Bizkit, Korn, & POD.....Sales Shrink!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Report: Metal Bands Rocked By Slump

Jim Farber of the New York Daily News is reporting that three of the biggest metal acts of the last four years — LIMP BIZKIT, KORN and P.O.D. — have slumped in sales and shrunk in power, hobbled by a trend in rock radio to favor lighter, artier or more retro-oriented bands.

P.O.D. has suffered the most dramatic fall. The San Diego-based mega-metal band's last release, "Satellite", moved 2.7 million copies in 2002. Its previous work, 2000's "Fundamental Elements of Southtown", went platinum. But the foursome's "Payable on Death" CD has fallen to No. 186 after just 13 weeks, selling just over 400,000 copies, without the momentum to go much further.

LIMP BIZKIT's "Results May Vary", is lumbering in the low 80s on the chart after 20 weeks. True, in that time the album has sold 1 million copies, but the macho act's last work, "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water", moved that many copies in its first week. "Starfish" went on to record 6.5 million in sales, keeping pace with BIZKIT's 1999's "Significant Other", which topped off at a staggering 7.4 million. [Read more]

From BlabberMouth.Net

Deadly Embrace said:
Report: Metal Bands Rocked By Slump

Jim Farber of the New York Daily News is reporting that three of the biggest metal acts of the last four years — LIMP BIZKIT, KORN and P.O.D. — have slumped in sales and shrunk in power, hobbled by a trend in rock radio to favor lighter, artier or more retro-oriented bands.

P.O.D. has suffered the most dramatic fall. The San Diego-based mega-metal band's last release, "Satellite", moved 2.7 million copies in 2002. Its previous work, 2000's "Fundamental Elements of Southtown", went platinum. But the foursome's "Payable on Death" CD has fallen to No. 186 after just 13 weeks, selling just over 400,000 copies, without the momentum to go much further.

LIMP BIZKIT's "Results May Vary", is lumbering in the low 80s on the chart after 20 weeks. True, in that time the album has sold 1 million copies, but the macho act's last work, "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water", moved that many copies in its first week. "Starfish" went on to record 6.5 million in sales, keeping pace with BIZKIT's 1999's "Significant Other", which topped off at a staggering 7.4 million. [Read more]

From BlabberMouth.Net

As much as I hate their music.... I don't wich that upon any artist...

Wait... they're not artists... It's ok then :lol:

wow, I am happy for them. Now every "Daddy Didn't hug me-no guitar solo numetal band." should learn something from this and create good music.

No matter how much a record sells, people are gonna like what they like.
Some people like nu-metal and that's cool, to each their own. Those guys
like playing it and have fun and their fans have fun. Their fans think it's good
music. Opeth fans think their music is good, but to most it's just boring as shit.It's not for me but

LIVE AND LET LIVE.

fad.jpg

Trend he done come, trend he done gone...what's happening now is that only the people who genuinely like nu-metal for the music are buying the records. The disproportionate success of the style was built on a connection with one generation's teenage angst, and teenagers have a habit of growing up and moving on. What with falling sales among the kingpins, the rising fortunes of The Darkness, White Stripes, Opeth, and sundry other relatively showy rock bands (musically speaking), and nu-metal's stalled creative development, the signs are that hip-hop-inspired seventh-string crunch is on its way out as a musical fashion statement. Thank God.

Reactions: Larf03
lord667 said:
Trend he done come, trend he done gone...what's happening now is that only the people who genuinely like nu-metal for the music are buying the records. The disproportionate success of the style was built on a connection with one generation's teenage angst, and teenagers have a habit of growing up and moving on. What with falling sales among the kingpins, the rising fortunes of The Darkness, White Stripes, Opeth, and sundry other relatively showy rock bands (musically speaking), and nu-metal's stalled creative development, the signs are that hip-hop-inspired seventh-string crunch is on its way out as a musical fashion statement. Thank God.

LMAO!!!
He put Opeth and The Darkness in the same sentence!!!
:lol:

*reps!

Now, let me set the record straight. Every artist makes crappy artwork. It's just natural. Nobody's perfect all the time. Now, has Eric Peterson written really crappy stuff? Most undoubtedly, yes, he has. Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying he is a crappy artist, I'm just saying that nobody's perfect. Now, has Eric Peterson published the really crappy stuff? Now that's an entirely DIFFERENT question ;). Now, I have defended artists making crappy art. I am in NO WAY defending their publishing crappy art. ;)

It's such good 'nuz' to here that the 'nu-metal rap crap empire' is starting to crumble.

*joins TL and RJS with the :lol: :lol: :lol: X 10000*

ok. im ok now.

Are you guys surprised ?
they played "POP" music, and like every pop trend: the end stays the same.
some years of huge success, fame, fortune, and groupies,
followed by a HUGE fall, and in couple of years, no one will remember who POD were....
we'll probably see Fred Durst as a guest actor in some youth TV shows, or in some shitty movies that came straight to the dvd... with some luck, he'll be a special guest on the morning show.

im so happy tho, i got so sick of seeing kids wearing baseball hats like he does...

Dead_Lioness said:
*joins TL and RJS with the :lol: :lol: :lol: X 10000*

ok. im ok now.

Are you guys surprised ?
they played "POP" music, and like every pop trend: the end stays the same.
some years of huge success, fame, fortune, and groupies,
followed by a HUGE fall, and in couple of years, no one will remember who POD were....
we'll probably see Fred Durst as a guest actor in some youth TV shows, or in some shitty movies that came straight to the dvd... with some luck, he'll be a special guest on the morning show.

im so happy tho, i got so sick of seeing kids wearing baseball hats like he does...

Just another round of corporate fad cash cows coming to their end of existance, wonder what we will be punished with next...................:ill: