Rarefaction Snaresamples

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo...just finished these...

there are two versions, on is dry and the other one is with a room sample blended in for extra KSSSCHHHH.

here are some teaser clips:

RF B Rim
RF B Hard
RF A Rim
RF A Hard

the proper versions in my snarepack have soft, medium, hard nd rim velocities and are 24 bits of course
It's a Sensitone Elite Custom Alloy snare with a powerstroke head btw.

Enjoy (like I enjoy the 1176 on snare...all-buttons-in rocks! ;) )

EDIT: just dropped it in this very old and VERY rough mix to show you how it's sitting.
I was aiming for an IF kinda vibe (as you can tell), so I want the snare to sound very round, fat and natural with just enough "pop" to pop through the heavy guitars.
as I said, not your typical Sneap-style Snare :)

in the mix

again, don't judge the mix or anything, this is an old recording and I didn't really mix it.
The snare is without any post processing (other than a touch of reverb), this is the raw sample replacing the original snare 100%

haha, thanks, lol.

they're downloadable already.
just re-download the link you got when you purchased the original pack

I meant it in a good way, they are damn good samples, but one a good thing gets noticed, every single person jumps on it and starts sounding the same, it happened with DFH, DFHS, and Slate drums...

Yep, I know what you mean, but that's the main reason why I started with it, I wanted to provide really different sounding samples, vom extremely cracky (like the Sn5 for example) to rather fat and chunky.
So at least this should provide some different flavors/options.

Sucks that I still didn't get to doing the kick and tom pack though

Damn, really loving this, downloading now! Between this and Snare 6, I think I've got my go-to snares set. :lol:

was 6 the KSE-like-one?
I think so, so you like them thick and chunky, huh? :)

try blending 6 with this one, 6 has got a bit more bdy and this one a bit more pop I think. the should be perfectly in phase, so you can just blend them to taste

I think so, 6 was definitely the thickest of the last batch, and I do most definitely like them thick and chunky!

I'll give it a go, anxious to try this one.

The room on the B version of this definitely reminds me of Reroute to Remain - nice work!

I think so, 6 was definitely the thickest of the last batch, and I do most definitely like them thick and chunky!

I'll give it a go, anxious to try this one.

The room on the B version of this definitely reminds me of Reroute to Remain - nice work!

yeah, that was what I was referencing to, I just wanted to have a bit more "pop" than the IF snare, it's also a bit lower pitched I think (I was tuning the snare to that IF album's snare to get a similar tuning but couldn't quite get it.
but yeah, I think it works in those types of mixes (that's why I made this sample in the first place)

Snare 6 fucking rules. My favorite from your pack.

Ill be downloading this right now.

yeah, that was what I was referencing to, I just wanted to have a bit more "pop" than the IF snare, it's also a bit lower pitched I think (I was tuning the snare to that IF album's snare to get a similar tuning but couldn't quite get it.
but yeah, I think it works in those types of mixes (that's why I made this sample in the first place)

Yup, Minus from that album is a great reference.

Let me know if you ever want to release these as TCI's - I've got most of them made up already and could just send them your way.

Let me know if you ever want to release these as TCI's - I've got most of them made up already and could just send them your way.

well, I don't wanna get into legal trouble with Slate using his format.
also I don't know how it would work since the location of the samples is saved in the TCI file I think.
but if I'll ever do that I'm gonna contact you about that, cheers

Snare sounds great! Gotta agree that Snare 6 is my fave of the original batch as well, using it on 2 mixes right now, totally different styles of bands and sounds perfect in both. Thanks Lasse, your stuff kicks ass, really looking forward to kicks and toms!