Rate my Mix for a Demo

amentet

New Metal Member
Jun 6, 2007
Hi

Here´s a song I mixed for our demo
new link:
http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/ApollosProphecy.mp3

I´m now quite happy about it. Main problems are the Overheads and the Mastering. Overheads Mics were very cheap also the room was too small. I´ve turned them down as much as possible but it still sounds very unclear. Maybe you have some advices to get them right. (I´ve filtered everything under 500Hz and did sidechaincompression whit the snare)
The loudness could be a little bit higher but it makes everything just even unclearer.

Please rate my mix. I´m grateful for every advice

Thx
Amentet

Good mix. I really like this song/band. There's some parts where the drums are choppy, but the tones are good. :headbang:

Any chance you want to upload the session for us all to mix? :worship:

Thx for the comments.
You maybe should know that this production was done in a 600$ studio. So I´m quite happy with your reactions.

My English is not quite good. What do you mean with
"Any chance you want to upload the session for us all to mix?"

If you mean that you want me to upload the complete Audiofiles so you can get some practice or what else, there´s just one problem. The files are quite big and I don´t know any possibility to upload such a huge amount of files. If that´s really what you mean, post a reply and I will try to find a possibility.

Thx for the comments.
You maybe should know that this production was done in a 600$ studio. So I´m quite happy with your reactions.

My English is not quite good. What do you mean with
"Any chance you want to upload the session for us all to mix?"

If you mean that you want me to upload the complete Audiofiles so you can get some practice or what else, there´s just one problem. The files are quite big and I don´t know any possibility to upload such a huge amount of files. If that´s really what you mean, post a reply and I will try to find a possibility.

There is a FTP server (set up by Gavin :headbang: ) on this site that you could upload your files to. It is kind of a pain, but you have to export a wav of each track (make sure from the very beginning of each track so they line up).
But you could upload your files there, i'm sure alot of us would like to do a mix/edit it. Each track should just be raw with no processing. Anyways if youde like to give it a go, the FTP thread is on the main page sticky section and there are good directions in there.