Rate my mix Pls (video inside)

EOC

Feb 28, 2011
Hi everyone!
This is a song i wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered for my bands upcoming album. I also made the lyric video. Any critique would be awesome, specially about the mix. Thanks in advance.

By the way, drums was a mapex kit in a tiny room, guitars prs 513 into kemper. Spector bass, and vocals recorded with a sm7b and v67 mics into a dbx 386

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Another song from the same album.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only thing is that the vocals stick out awkwardly during the whole song to me. It's like they're TOO dry, and everything else is so excellently placed in the mix there's plenty of space to fatten those vocals with verb.

But seriously dude, awesome mix. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

My only thing is that the vocals stick out awkwardly during the whole song to me. It's like they're TOO dry, and everything else is so excellently placed in the mix there's plenty of space to fatten those vocals with verb.

But seriously dude, awesome mix. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thanks for the comment! and yeah, this vocals are a bitch in this case, cant seem to fuse them with the rest of the mix.... i tryied every verb i own. :yell:
Gonna get a bit more xtreme with the settings.

Ok one more thing that I noticed on my headphones. The snare seems just a TOUCH too bright, like I definitely hear the snap, it's just a bit too harsh for my ears. Again though, that's preference, the mix is great.

Ok one more thing that I noticed on my headphones. The snare seems just a TOUCH too bright, like I definitely hear the snap, it's just a bit too harsh for my ears. Again though, that's preference, the mix is great.

Drummer kept asking for a brighter snare.... since i am in the band i kind of have to try and please the rest of the members, but i agree.
These comments, you hear them in both tracks?
Thanks again.

By the way, i learned a lot watching your videos!

very nice mix.
I have the same feelings than Chris Lucas.
The voice is too dry. I'm listening on my headphones too, snare a bit too harsh for my taste.

Good guitar tone, good song.