Rate my mix (VHT Pittbull+5150 inside)

The kicks maybe a bit slappy and the snares lacking cut and is a bit low, but on the whole I think it sounds good. The guitars and bass sound great to me.

Edit - I'm a little ambivelent about someone else using a pittbull CL for metal rhythm though :lol: I like mine, a lot, including that its different. Good job though.

I always have problems with snare. I love low snare but it's difficult to me to cut it through the mix. As for the kicks I'm goin' to work on them after a week break. Thanks alot!

Use GClip on the snare to get it to cut through. The way I do it, is I run the snare through EQ first, then Waves L1 Limiter, drop the threshold down about -1db under where the snare peaks, so if it peaks at -3db, I set the threshold to -4db, set the release time to 25ms, and then I put GClip after that, and turn it up to between 2db and 5db.

Use GClip on the snare to get it to cut through. The way I do it, is I run the snare through EQ first, then Waves L1 Limiter, drop the threshold down about -1db under where the snare peaks, so if it peaks at -3db, I set the threshold to -4db, set the release time to 25ms, and then I put GClip after that, and turn it up to between 2db and 5db.

I used a GClip here, but thanks for the advice with limiting. I'm goin' to try it :)