Rate my mix

I like the overall sounding. Pretty powerful and solid.
What did you use for guitars?
Would be cool to hear some vox on this, btw.

I like the overall sounding. Pretty powerful and solid.
What did you use for guitars?
Would be cool to hear some vox on this, btw.

Thanks! Vocals would be nice but dont know anyone who could do them and Im DEFINITELY not the guy for that :)
Rhythm gtrs are an old,cheap LTD with some duncan designed humbuckers in it through a 6505 head & Mesa cab. 57 on the cab through a Shadow Hills pre.
Some of the lead/accent gars (whatever you want to call them) are a mix between a tele and a les paul.

i like it! a lot! the rhythm tone and riffs are massive! what are you mixing in? it sounds impressive. care to share any part of your mastering/2-ch chain?

btw, i just picked up an LTD a few months ago. i really like it. sounds killer for the money. i wouldn't change a thing with the tone you're getting here, personally.

i like it! a lot! the rhythm tone and riffs are massive! what are you mixing in? it sounds impressive. care to share any part of your mastering/2-ch chain?

btw, i just picked up an LTD a few months ago. i really like it. sounds killer for the money. i wouldn't change a thing with the tone you're getting here, personally.

Thanks for the comments! This mix is done all in the box (no external 2bus chain) in Pro Tools. I was previously mixing in Logic a few years ago but i was always tracking with Pro Tools and I got really tired of transferring back and forth. As for the "mastering" chain, I do it all on the 2buss while im mixing. If i remember correctly, I used a Slate VCC mix buss on the Neve setting>SSL Comp>Waves RenEQ>McDSP ML4000>UAD Precision Limiter>Massey L2007. Sounds like a lot but all the plugs are only doing a little each. I try to keep the gain staging spot on through the whole chain.