RATE WHAT THE PERSON ABOVE IS LISTENING TO THREAD

I've been meaning to get Bilateral for quite a while now but keep forgetting about it, and didn't know they had an album prior to it. Overall I liked that quite a bit; conservative instrumentally for progressive metal (in a good way) but it builds well and is just about right in terms of bombast for that kind of semi-ballad song. The brief harsh vocal sections were pretty weak though, and the simplicity of the riffs only really supported the song in the slower vocal-led parts. 7/10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the vocals came in I was going to say "Huh, I didn't know their glam period had decent riffs". Then enters Eric Adams Jr. and I knew it had to be from the 90's. Still really good pop-metal though; I didn't know they had it in them to write something not incredibly overlong. Almost makes me want to give them another shot. 7.5/10.

Before the vocals came in I was going to say "Huh, I didn't know their glam period had decent riffs". Then enters Eric Adams Jr. and I knew it had to be from the 90's. Still really good pop-metal though; I didn't know they had it in them to write something not incredibly overlong. Almost makes me want to give them another shot. 7.5/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UNlTDhkRCQ

I just lost my manhood/10

Speaking of bad lyrics...:eek: I find the hard rock ACDC inspired music pretty boring 3/10

I've been meaning to get Bilateral for quite a while now but keep forgetting about it, and didn't know they had an album prior to it. Overall I liked that quite a bit; conservative instrumentally for progressive metal (in a good way) but it builds well and is just about right in terms of bombast for that kind of semi-ballad song. The brief harsh vocal sections were pretty weak though, and the simplicity of the riffs only really supported the song in the slower vocal-led parts. 7/10.

They've improved on Bilateral (though I like both albums); I'd definitely recommend it.

Speaking of bad lyrics... I find the hard rock ACDC inspired music pretty boring 3/10

At least, they don't sing about guts, blood, and other "soup set".
2_sm18.gif

By the theme: "Roulette Dares..." it's a wonderful art-rock composition with vertiginous changes of rhythm and catchy melodies. Highest class. 10/10.

At first I thought it was going to suck but I ended up listening to the whole thing 9/10 it would be 10 if there were vocals...