Raven and Night Demon - Nov 16th

great show last night...lots of fun.

it seemed a lot of people were not going to come out for this show from the lack of talk of it but it had a pretty decent turnout from being packed between a lot of bigger shows. Early on the turnout was pretty small. Was up in the upstairs patio for most of Ancient Dreams set.

Night Demon were up next. More people started coming in. They have really upped their live show and are much more energetic than the last time they were here at the fest. Played stuff from the new album coming out in Century Media in January. Looking forward to their show in January with Skull Fist even more now.

Manilla Road.....seemed off tonight sadly. I am not a fan by any means but last time they had more power to them it seemed. They just seemed not into it or something. Or maybe it was the two knuckleheads on stage dancing to them during the whole set. I honestly thought once they were done most of the crowd was going to leave since they were the draw for the show. But everyone stuck it out to watch Raven so that was cool.

Raven are an amazing live band. Just 100% fun and total energy. Everyone who was there asides Dave seemed to be entertained. Hopefully with good word of mouth they will be able to keep getting better and better draws for them on tour. They deserve it...that is for sure. Same set list as the ones posted.

Over all it was a great show with really good turnout. Lots of laughs as well.

Highlight was Simon getting a shout out from Night Demon and he wasn't even there supporting!

Super fun show indeed.

Reggies has possibly the best sound system I ever played through.

It was a good night for AD. Good crowd response.
Thanks always to Bob for the support!

ND are ND. I watched half their set.
They are energetic live.

I agree with Bob on MR. Tho a slightly less than stellar MR show is still better than most bands. Great set list. Just couldn't go into deeper cuts like they did at Alehorn.

Raven are indeed entertaining. Glad I saw em once
I am good tho with seeing them only once. Good set list.

Note - if you aren't in the band get off the damn stage!!
If being on the stage makes you feel important than you really need to find something more important in your life.

If that would have been the first Manilla Road show that I saw it probably would have turned me off of the band. It was like night and day from the Alehorn show last year. There was barely any energy and the sound was not very good. It seemed like maybe people in the band were sick and Mark the Shark could barely sing even his minimal amount of vocals. And it was weird that people were dancing on the stage the whole set.

Night Demon were excellent. The new songs sound great. I'm really digging the some of the tunes leaning towards a UFO-type hard sound. Great energy too.

Raven...WOW! What a great set. It is amazing how much these old dudes get into playing music. Definitely made a fan out of me! I hope they come back again. Too bad they didn't have any CD's for sale (their merch guy said they sold out 2 dates into the tour) but I contributed to their new album kickstarter today. The new songs they played live sounded pretty good.

If that would have been the first Manilla Road show that I saw it probably would have turned me off of the band. It was like night and day from the Alehorn show last year. There was barely any energy and the sound was not very good. It seemed like maybe people in the band were sick and Mark the Shark could barely sing even his minimal amount of vocals. And it was weird that people were dancing on the stage the whole set.

Night Demon were excellent. The new songs sound great. I'm really digging the some of the tunes leaning towards a UFO-type hard sound. Great energy too.

Raven...WOW! What a great set. It is amazing how much these old dudes get into playing music. Definitely made a fan out of me! I hope they come back again. Too bad they didn't have any CD's for sale (their merch guy said they sold out 2 dates into the tour) but I contributed to their new album kickstarter today. The new songs they played live sounded pretty good.

Mark told us that he gets chronic laryngitis from a torn vocal chord injury from the 90's plus he was sick he said....which I always love when people tell you after they shake your hand and then you see them cough into their hands.

I agree....I could tell from a lot of people that they were kind of let down from their set. The Alehorn show will be the pinnacle of their career here in Chicago I think. They are coming around again next year as well.

I would love to see Raven play in front of a packed room. Just that energy would be nuts to see.

Highlights:

Grilled cheese
Manilla Road
Mark Shelton using my head
Night Demon

Lowlights:

Tools on stage during MR
Nearly committing Anal Blast during our set from above grilled cheese
Jarvis from ND thinking I was Simon
Mark Shelton telling me he didn't like my head

how did you enjoy the show without your head?