Raven and Night Demon - Nov 16th

With as much as they are willing to tour I am surprised they are resorting to KickStarter to self release an album.

I get the feeling with them, they're one of those bands that prefers to do things on their own. While I don't agree with all these bands doing Kickstarter, by doing that they make it so they don't really have to listen to a label.

Yeah those extended solos definitely got old. I mean, sure, go wild for like 2 minutes of something so everyone can get some water or tune up or whatever, but they probably wasted 15 minutes on it. They could have played all of "Don't Need Your Money" instead of just the first riff. I thought the new songs they played sounded really good! I'm also fine with the covers. I tend to get bored of the same band for extended periods of time so covers are a chance to mix it up and have some fun riffing on your influences. Only a handful of bands could play for so long and keep me interested, like Manilla Road, Iron Maiden and Riot for example.

I thought Manilla Road were excellent and Raven was just whatever. Ya'll are fucked.

Were you doing the

28580_o.gif

?

I agree the excitement for MR was not the same as it was last year.

Still I thought they did fine and played well.

Only complaint was that with only an hour we didnt get any deep cuts really
Just the expected stuff they always play.

While I thought Raven was a blast I was not left feeling the need to see em again.

Yeah, I kinda wish that Manilla Road would change up their setlist a little bit. They have so many other good tracks from Open the Gates and The Deluge they could rock, as well as some fun stuff on Out of the Abyss. Also, some post-reunion Manilla Road that isn't from Mysterium would be refreshing. I'd love to hear some Gates of Fire or Mark of the Beast songs.