Raw Black Metal

Mordoth

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2008
Hello, I will make this short and simple. I am sick of the pussy BM, and am currently seeking some raw BM bands that I haven't experienced thus far.

ie: Ragnarok, 1349, Marduk, Dark Funeral, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Recommendations Forum, and we have plenty threads like these goin', so search em out. This can stay obviously since you're t3h n00, but there is a search for a reason.

EDIT: also, are you using the listed bands as an example of what you WANT or what you want to AVOID? I seriously doubt it's the former but...yeah.

Really? Does nobody read anything? I'm pretty damn new to these forums but I can read "General Metal Discussion" and "Band Recommendations Forums". And comprehend it. But why do I still see this so often...

EDIT:And I think he wants bands like that.

Behexen. I'm on a Behexen kick right now. So Behexen.

And I'm still a nOOb. Ouch. My pride.

Alright, can someone please point me in the direction of where I will be permitted to ask this? I really don't want to search the entire website.

Really though, is it too much trouble to name 5 or 6 bands? Or is it simpler to complain through a couple of paragraphs?

Really? Does nobody read anything? I'm pretty damn new to these forums but I can read "General Metal Discussion" and "Band Recommendations Forums". And comprehend it. But why do I still see this so often...

EDIT:And I think he wants bands like that.

Behexen. I'm on a Behexen kick right now. So Behexen.

And I'm still a nOOb. Ouch. My pride.

Discography.

I did point you to where you can post it :lol: I moved it here because you're illiterate. Anyway, check out Satanic Warmaster (Carelian Satanist Madness especially). And Arckanum (first 3).

Beherit \m/
Fucking love it, man.
Anyone else on this board? Like Urgehal... etc.

Endstille
Peste Noire
Mörker (melodic stuff but still has a pretty 'raw' sound)
Setherial
Spite Extreme Wing (prolly won't be so interested in the latest release. All of them own though)
Cirith Gorgor
Nidingr (as you mentioned 1349)

I haven't reccomended anything for a while, so:

Veles - Black Hateful Metal
Ildjarn - Det Frysende Nordariket
Warloghe - The First Possession
Funeral Mist - Salvation
Katharsis - Kruzifixxion
Inquisition - Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult
Fluisterwoud - Langs Galg En Rad
Bekhira - L' Elu Du Mal
Old Wainds - Where the Snows are Never Gone / Religion of Spiritual Violence

Nokturnal Mortum - Nechrist
Order From Chaos - Stillbirth Machine
Sigrblot - Blodsband (Blood Religion Manifest)
Vlad Tepes/Belketre - March to the Black Holocaust

All of them aren't maybe exactly like your examples but they are definitely raw!

Urgehal is pretty sexy...early Katharsis as well. Late is great too but not as "raw."

Check out Darkthule, Nehëmah and Sacramentary Abolishment.

I didn't even know pussy black metal exists. I'm not talking about boring goth bands, that's not black metal.

Lux Occulta
Tenebrae in Perpetuum
Vinterland
Krallice

There's a lot of recs in this thread I have never heard of...

I noticed that a lot of the bands mentioned in this thread definitely aren't raw black metal.

I'm gonna recommend the self-titled Paysage d'Hiver, which is pretty cacophonous but very atmospheric.