Rawk.. errr... Jazz.

ChromeLife

askew
Oct 24, 2001
Atlanta, GA
So basicly every day when I clock in at work I search our computer for Kayo Dot, in hopes that the new cd will be in the system. Today it finally happened. This means that anyone who is near an FYE can go in and bug them about it and they should be able to get it on release day. Also... its totally listed as jazz.

There is actually a pretty good chance that FYE stores with more Jazz sales than us will get it in without anyone asking for it. But if you go in and ask them to get it in, and preorder it, and bug the fuck out of them, they should be able to get it on release day. If you are in the Jackson MS area, come get it, we will have 4 or 5 I think to start off with.

haha.. actually I am going to.. there is always some shitty release on the new release racks and the top 20... Kayo Dot will mos def be the replacement. I wish we could get in more than 5 at first.. but I think it is going to take a lot for me to sell it to people. I dont mean that because its not as good... but you can take.. say the new dimmu album, and people can listen to 30 seconds of each track, and they like it. Done. Its metal, and its not much room for deviation. But Kayo Dot is special, and good.. and therefor much harder to get people to buy. I will prevail though!

Mabye we can get a Kayo Dot fighting game... Like Def Jam Vendetta... if you use like.. every contributing person on the albums you get quite a bit o ppl... but what are their secret powers?

i made two video games featuring Byron in high school, both text adventures using QBasic. in one he was a secret character that had all the advantages of the other characters and no weaknesses, and in the other he was the protagonist and roamed our high school hunting gangsta homies with a gun and a special attack called something like NECROBOLT.

Firedwarf said:
Chromelife: Would it be possible to like uh, call up my local FYE and ask them to order a copy for me and have it on the 21st?

Yes... but you need to call them and bother them like mad... make sure they know that it comes out the 21st, and that you want it on the release day. You might have to pay some up front (we dont do this, but most stores do.)... they CAN do it.. but it takes effort on their part. If nothing else they can order it after it comes out.

ChromeLife said:
Yes... but you need to call them and bother them like mad... make sure they know that it comes out the 21st, and that you want it on the release day. You might have to pay some up front (we dont do this, but most stores do.)... they CAN do it.. but it takes effort on their part. If nothing else they can order it after it comes out.
k cool, thanks a lot. I'll be doing that.

FalseTodd said:
You guys rule. Grassroots promotion! Woo, DIY!

Its what we do. Could you tell me how many songs have no growling on them on the new disc? Cause if they have no growling I can burn them on a disc, and play them in the store...

FalseTodd said:
Pitcher of Summer and Wayfarer are growl-free. Actually there are very few standard death metal growls on the record, like, just one I think, but there is a whole lot o' screaming.
Yeah... the screaming stuff sends customers running up to yell at me. Im sure I will play the whole thing at some point.. but for regular listening when Im there I will prolly have to put those 2, and burn it with other stuff I like to play (Arcturus, Winds, The Gathering).. I wish I could play more.. but its better than nothin! :D