Rays/Sox Phils/Dodgers

Lotus-Eater

Worst New Comer
Well, unfortunately I am a disgruntled NY Mets fan. Actually disgruntled AND embarrased to say so.

So now we have the Red Sox V Rays and Phillies V Dodgers.

I am routing for the Rays. I'd like to see the longshot win it.

What do you guys think?

The Angels were stacked this year, and I thought they could win it all. Sox def have the Angels number and closed it out in game-4 in dramatic fashion...a great series.
As previously said...experience is key for the Sox and now they have new faces and young players making a major impact as well.
The Rays pitching staff is scary.

:lol: How are the Rays the underdog when they have homefield advantage, won the division, and bested the sox during the regular season?

I'm picking and rooting for the Rays.

Don't forget that, out of the remaining teams, the Rays finished with the best record. People are only calling the Rays "underdogs" because they sucked before this season, which is slightly retarded. There is some credibility to it, though, because how a team responds to pressure matters. We know that the Red Sox thrive in high-pressure situations, but I think the jury is still out on the Rays in that department, despite their victory in round one.

All the same, I fail to see how the Rays are the underdog when playing against a team that they won more games than and won the season series against.

I say these teams are all fairly even with the Sox having the experience on thier side. Doesn't matter if the Rays are favorites, underdogs or even...they are for real. The fact that the Rays held the division lead, didn't drop off like many predicted and have great pitching...wouldn't surprise me if they win it.

The Rays and Sox pretty much played meaningful games in a tough division right til the end of the season, this benefits teams. The Angels in the weak AL West had things wrapped up early and seemed to coast in and I think they were a little rusty going in to the playoffs and now they are golfing.

Nothing like Oct. baseball...should be great!

note: The Angels John Lackey is a fuckin moron. Saying "we are a better team than the Sox, we lost to a lesser team...I feel like throwing someone thru a wall".

Be pissed but show some class, the Sox have owned your ass for a long time now, win a series then you can say "we're better".
Yes the Angels were stacked this year but The Sox are still damn good! Its not like the NFL on a given (1) playoff game a lesser team can pull off the upset. Over a 5-7 game series most times the better team prevails.

He constantly berates his teammates, God forbid if they can't get to a ball or let alone make an error. Even the announcers were getting on him for his actions on the mound. He is a good pitcher but I guess its no surprise to the shit that comes out of his mouth.

his "feel like throwing someone through a wall comment". I'm guessing, ah maybe his wife, a teammate, a coach, batboy, reporter???:erk: